Senior Crisis Management Analyst – Ashburn, VA or Foster City, CA locations
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As an operating unit of Visa's Risk organization, the Operational Resilience – Crisis Management Team is charged with protecting corporate assets from significant business and life safety interruptions by optimizing risk management practices and building operational resiliency. The Operational Resilience team is comprised of three verticals including Crisis Management, Business Continuity, and IT Disaster Recovery.
As a Senior Crisis Management Analyst, you will play a vital role in assisting with the development, maintenance, and delivery of Visa’s Crisis Management program. Your goal is to ensure Visa can employ an effective command and control function for life safety and/or business related incidents as they occur. You will do this by ensuring processes are well documented and rehearsed, plans are maintained and communicated, data is organized and available to support effective decision-making, and risk management strategies are leveraged. The Senior Crisis Management Analyst has a passion for problem solving, helping others, and using technology and data to drive solutions. The position requires a significant amount of off-hour, on-call support and may include some business-related travel.
The Senior Crisis Management Analyst will report to the Senior Director of Crisis Management. This role is an individual contributor role, but will support and have ownership of select areas of the crisis management program to include crisis management plans, exercises, technology solutions, and day-to-day operations.
- Position requires 24/7 availability for incident response through an established on-call rotation
- Support the development of Crisis Management plans, exercises, and program documentation
- Support program reporting requirements by leveraging program data, as well as data from other Visa systems or sources
- Assist with preparing and delivering program presentations to internal stakeholders such as partner organizations, senior and executive leadership, and assessment and audit teams
- Serve as a resource to the Crisis Management training and exercise program by participating in exercises, supporting exercise materials development, and post-exercise documentation – this will require off-hours support due to the global nature of Visa’s business
- Responsible for appropriate use of Visa’s V-Alert mass notification system
- Support the management of daily activity logs and program metrics; raise areas of risk or concern to leadership as necessary
- Support compliance and regulatory requests and reporting requirements, as necessary
- Strengthen the culture, process, and embedment of staff and organizational preparedness through training and exercise initiatives
- Conduct key stakeholder presentations, seminars, and workshops in an effort to help mature crisis response capabilities
- Ensure strict confidentiality with all records, documents, communications, and information related to incidents
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
· Bachelor's and 4+ years of relevant experience
· Specifically; 2-4 years of proven business resiliency, business continuity, incident management, disaster recovery, crisis management, and/or risk management experience required
· Experience managing a corrective actions program and supporting the development of strategies to remediate identified risks
· Background and experience with industry standard audit and risk practices
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Effective meeting facilitation skills
· Strong project management skills
· Team oriented self-starter, with high degree of initiative
· Prior experience in roles requiring an ability to deal with stress and make sound professional judgment in potentially threatening environments
· CBCP/CEM/BCI certification preferred
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem solving
· Ability to research and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
· Possess strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Project) and report building tools
- Advanced industry recognized professional certification/license/degree
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Project) and/or other report building tools with extensive experience in data analytics, dashboard development, metrics reporting
- Visa/payment system/financial institution experience including participation in a crisis/incident/emergency management program as a team member or program manager
- Knowledge of payment processing systems including: Clearing, Settlement, Debit Processes, Authorization, and/or Cybersecurity protocols
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. This is an in-office role – under normal conditions, the incumbent will report to a Visa office during core business hours. This role requires availability outside of core business hours to connect with global partners and to support the on-call crisis management rotation.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-20% of the time.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.