Senior Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is an exciting, new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) the ability to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements from and to Visa as well as non-Visa accounts globally. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) money transfers, marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims) and many more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillions of payment volume, replacing cash, checks, and ACH with push credits directly into bank accounts in real-time.
The Visa Direct Global Ecosystem team is responsible for delivering customer-centric solutions and high operating quality that enable and safeguard the ecosystem at scale. The team is seeking a highly qualified Senior Product Manager in Ops Strategy who is passionate about enabling differentiated client experiences and delivering operating excellence. He/she will be playing an important role in upcoming product launches, enhancements and new capabilities -- the ops strategy team will drive operating prioritization and operating model considerations for Visa Direct.
This role will support various projects based on need, but have the following core responsibilities and description of initial project:
- Product Operations Strategy & Planning (Core Responsibility)
- Develop strategies for operational readiness and client adoption of new products and capabilities
- Create readiness plans and manage execution of operating strategies with responsible functional partners in Client Services, Treasury, Legal and Compliance, Risk, and Technology to ensure launch success of Visa Direct roadmap
- Identify opportunities to increase volumes across global markets and increase operational efficiencies and productivity
- Create change impact assessments that assess operational and client impact from ongoing product releases
- Project manage large-scale and complex projects, coordinating with stakeholders across the globe and different time zones
- Problem solve with stakeholders on operating challenges by distilling complex problems into root causes and actionable next steps
- Manage the product ecosystem backlog to ensure that we maintain and track deliverables while focusing on critical priorities with the highest impact for Visa Direct
- Report progress on deliverables on weekly/monthly basis and present top challenges and proposed solutions to Visa Direct leadership in a concise and engaging manner
- Create business cases and analyses that influence strategic direction leveraging various data sources to form comprehensive data-driven insights
- Perform retrospectives from product/client launches and document best practices and learnings to be used for future launches
- Operating Model and Process Engineering (Core Responsibility)
- Develop repeatable engagement models and operating processes for new product launches and for integration of newly added PSPs (Payment Service Providers)
- Perform endpoint assessments on Visa Direct operating efforts across card, account and wallet to ensure consistent operating frameworks
- Identify gaps and opportunities with functional partners across the client lifecycle in: Client Onboarding, Implementation, Post-Implementation and Business Planning to deliver operational excellence and coordinated orchestration
- Identify and propose process automation opportunities that decrease manual intervention and lead to shorter SLAs
- Deliver E2E operating playbooks that clearly outlines roles and responsibilities across multiple stakeholders – for a streamlined and coordinated workforce
- Update and iterate E2E operating processes and playbooks based on retrospective learnings and as product capabilities evolve
- Manage, lead and contribute on activities and deliverables in operationalizing operating model including project management, training, documentation and communications
- Be voice of the client and Visa Direct Product, while understanding the perspective of functional partners to simplify internal and external workflows
- Production Testing Strategy and Solutioning (Project)
- Manage the Visa Direct testing strategy solution to set up a sustainable, self-service production testing tool for Visa Direct leads
- Create a repeatable testing framework for new receive side partner onboarding for both Card and Account
- Integrate testing into Client Services workflows ensuring complete E2E market testing
- Identify problems in production testing, work together with Technology and Client Services to solution for the identified problem and create and maintain a database of common problems and solutions
- Create training and support materials for production testing and ensure complete communications plan established
- Add new functionality to the testing tool as needed to enhance the tools utility and ease of use
- Ensure that testing is reported accurately in monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting
- Integrate testing tool with existing receive side data visualization Tableau dashboard to enable automated status updates
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 4-6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Management consulting background working on a variety of operational focused projects, highly preferred
- Can problem solve and demonstrate critical thinking - Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Can-do attitude; must be proactive and solution-oriented, looking for ways to add value and assist the team
- Self-starter who is able to track and meet with multiple teams across the globe
- Analytical mindset; i.e. not being afraid to form hypotheses and manipulate data
- Good communication skills are critical in this role both written and oral as this role will require extensive collaboration with multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, respond to needs quickly and efficiently and prioritize work with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel and savvy with developing presentations for large audiences, building workflows, reports etc.
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in simple terms
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities and interacting with stakeholders
- Organized and good project management skills
- Experience working with teams outside the US is a strong plus
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during global business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.