Director, Data Science, Visa Consulting & Analytics - Australia
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Data Science for Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific (AuNZSP) will be the analytics subject matter expert and will be reporting to the Head of Data Science for Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific. The incumbent will be expected to have exceptional problem-solving skills using advanced analytics/ Machine learning/ AI with a sharp focus on execution. Responsibilities will include deconstructing the business problem into analysis approach, package analysis insights into client consumable format within committed timeline/scope and develop new solution capabilities. The incumbent is expected to be hands on and will have the required knowhow to work with big data using cutting-edge machine learning/ AI solutions. The role will have to closely collaborate with data science analysts, members of the broader team in Visa Consulting and Analytics and other business stakeholders. Staying on top of the analytics industry trends, the candidate will need to ensure the analytics solutions are constantly revamped, innovations are fostered and solutions are implementable. The role is focused on Australia market and will be based in Sydney, Australia.
Visa's Data Science team is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business analysts from a variety of countries – serving major FIs and merchants within Asia Pacific. We are looking for a hands-on person who is result oriented, highly organized and focused to delivered industry leading analytics solutions
- Analytics subject matter expert in all analytics topics including business problem definition, constructing analytical framework, development, validation of said framework via best statistical methodologies and implementation and package insights into client consumable format
- Enhance existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
- Delivering multiple analytics projects along with rest of the stakeholders in Data Science & Consulting teams
- Develop analytical solutions and strategies, testing & monitoring frameworks, estimate revenue impact for the client(s)
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and new modeling techniques
- Collaborating with the internal teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Defining detailed analytic scope and methodology, and creating analytic plan
- Providing thought leadership in both using data to solve business problems and in arriving at innovative statistical solutions
- Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and maintain the highest levels of quality in deliverables
- Ensuring project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Contribute to the development of the team’s analytical skills and expertise.
- Cultivates open and clear communications across team members and stakeholders
Skills & Knowledge
- 10+ years of hands on analytical experience
- Subject matter expert in analytics especially in areas of analytical methodologies
- Strong understanding and prior experience in Machine Learning and Geo-location-based analytics is must.
- Proficiency in coding skills using SAS, SQL, Hive, Python, R, Spark and Pyspark on large datasets
- Proficiency in data visualisation and data visualisation software such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Excellent communicator – should have the capability to translate numbers to business insights
- Experienced in managing multiple projects and initiatives
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Must be team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Experienced in working across a matrixed organization; multi-regional experience preferred
- Very strong advanced analytics experience. Hands on experience in developing machine-learning models using Python, R, SAS and other open source resources.
- Strong expertise in data visualisation tools
- Thorough understanding of the recommender system, classification techniques, graph theory, bayesian, time series and regression models are recommended
- Excellent written English
- Expert level PowerPoint
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the cards and payments business
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Expert in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders and at leadership level
- Very detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Global mindset, desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally and in a matrixed organization
- Ability to execute and solve problems independently
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Multi-disciplinary thinking skills: creative, analytic, strategic