- Madrid, Spain
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market-leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
What's it all about?
Our Regional Sales team in Europe is growing significantly. We are looking for an experienced Account Executive to join our Spanish team during a period of significant growth and investment in our European business. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of the most recognised brands in the world.
This role will be responsible for identifying opportunities within the existing client portfolio and significantly grow our share of business for clients where we have a small share. We are looking for people that have natural drive and tenacity to succeed and make a difference every day. In return, we will equip you with the very best tools and training so that you can deliver the biggest possible outcomes. We will also probably have some fun along the way!
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Develop collaborative relationships with multiple partners and clients, and work with them to identify new opportunities that help grow their business.
- Be hungry in growing existing accounts and provide a perspective on identifying and developing relevant new opportunities through comprehensive analysis from client data. Expected to be proactive in gathering information & data from different sources (e.g. market research, public information, client reports and internal tools
- Full understanding of the Clients P&L and Visa Key drivers and KPIs
- Engage with cross functional colleagues and lead virtual teams to deliver the right client responses and endeavouring to break down silos and work together as “One Visa”
- Influence and partner management teams in a knowledgeable and impactful way; seeking insights into opportunities or risks to their business to help Visa find the right solutions.
- Partner with colleagues across Visa, ensuring the right parts of the business are appropriately involved and informed about client needs.
- Develop your knowledge of the payment technology space, and specifically of Visa products and services. Stay at the front of a dynamic industry and use your knowledge to help our clients adapt and stay ahead too.
- Everyone is a leader at Visa. As such you will lead, impact and support others by sharing your expertise and help with the wider team acting as a coach and mentor where appropriate.
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you don’t have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences which would transfer well.
For this role the key skills required are...
- Extensive experience and proven success within a targeted complex sales role.
- Proven financial acumen and fluency with numbers. Use data and analytics skills to drive insight.
- Data management and analytics skills.
- Passion for sales and curiosity for financial services; in particular payments and technology.
- Commercial mind-set and proven ability to negotiate business agreements enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
- Experience and credibility to engage effectively with leaders at all levels and influence clients and Visa stakeholders. Commercial understanding and the aptitude to identify opportunities and proactively propose solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships and communicate at all levels externally and internally.
- Ability to learn and apply a strategic understanding of the payments landscape and Visa.
- High standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders and customers.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel periodically as required
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.