Head of Merchant Sales & Acquirer
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The HEAD OF MS&A Southern Cone leading Visa´s Merchant & Acquirer – related business in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia. She/he is responsible for defining and executing the MS&A business strategy for the region, addressing:
1. Developing a robust coverage and acceptance of payments, working closely with Merchants, Acquirers, Payment Facilitators, Issuers and Regulators in the development of the payments market across the multiple countries.
2. Growing Visa share of business on Key Merchants
3. Bringing and developing Solutions to address Merchant & Acquirer needs to SoCo markets.
This position also plays a senior role in the leadership teams of both Visa SoCo organization and MS&A-LAC, interacting and working in collaborative partnerships with people from multiple areas and locations across Visa.
The incumbent has to be a senior professional, with a sound track record of results and with the ability to work and influence multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to Visa, in the development of the Payment Market across the region.
· Develop, align with key Market, Regional and Global stakeholders and execute a cohesive business strategy to grow the MS&A business in SoCo, significantly contributing to Visa’s revenues in the markets of that region
· Lead and actively manage the MS&A SoCo´s business and team
· Provide senior coverage on Key Relationships (Merchants, Acquirers and Payment Facilitators), also
· Originate, negotiate and close agreements, deals and partnerships with different stakeholders, aimed to increasing Visa’s revenues
· Play a leadership role in the payment industry in SoCo, interacting with Merchants, Acquirers, Payment Facilitators, Issuers and Regulators
· Full responsibility for delivering against the MS&A Scorecard, Goals and Priorities for SoCo
· Manage Expenses, Investments and Budgeting for MSS - SoCo
· Develop insights and recommendations into the opportunities and challenges of the Payment Market of priority countries, articulate them appropriately and work across teams to develop solutions and products, which address those opportunities in a profitable way.
· Proven ability to lead business and sales teams, with a strong consultative selling approach
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to lead by example and influence
· Superior negotiation skills with a track record of positive, concrete results
· Solid, hands-on knowledge of and network within the Payments industry and key Retail, T&E and E-commerce segments across SoCo
· Business acumen
· Ability to work in multi-functional teams, align resources and seek buy-in from internal cross functional SME’s, across all disciplines
· Robust analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with focus and execution capabilities
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, proven in a senior-level, corporate environment
· Strong executive presence
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, results-oriented, deadline-driven, matrix environment
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours in the LAC region
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30% of the time.