Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (REF28335W) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (DDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Digital Developer Platform (DDP) team is looking for a talented software engineer with a passion for application and tools developed to support the Compliance Platform suite of products. Based in Foster City, CA, in this role, you will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full-stack development of real-time services, REST services API, and Container-based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable, and resilient in the agile development life cycle. You will work closely with Lead, Architects, product owners, and other teams to conceive, design, and create unique capabilities for DDP.
We are looking for someone serious about working and building new applications for DDP and have an interest in distributed computing, scalability, and building reliable high-performance systems.
- Design, implement, and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using Java/SQL and functional programming paradigm.
- Integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with the security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real-time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Develop test automation tools and framework for validating highly available, fault-tolerant, scalable, low latency, distributed payments transaction processing systems
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Development, Operation & Infrastructure, Product to analyze, debug, and resolve design and code issues. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Experience with multi-threading/concurrent programming/pattern matching
- Contribute to the efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Experience with highly scalable systems, async patterns, networking, routing, reactive programming preferred.
- Testing fundamentals, both unit and functional testing
- Excellent communication and relationship skills. Ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams
- Must be a self-learner
- Ensure all Visa security & compliance policies are established and followed consistently
- Go-getter with can-do attitude. Tenacity to do what it takes to get the job done while continually focused on achieving measurable business results.
- Should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 3+ years of Software Development Experience
- You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications and have experience with UI technologies.
- You have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Junit
- Knowledge of React JS and other UI Technologies or the ability to learn them quickly is a Bonus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.