Head of Project Management - Agile
- Reading, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Head of Project Management, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Open Visanet (OVN) Program Management Office is seeking a Head of Project Management, based in our Reading UK office, to lead a team of project managers, who are in our 3 development centres located in Foster City CA, Bangalore India and Reading UK, to deliver technology solutions using iterative software development methodologies. Primary areas of focus include the Technical Delivery of the functional and enabling capability of Authorisation, Clearing, Settlement and Reporting.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Deliver large scale projects using appropriate agile project management techniques, lead the community of practice for this role and build capability and excellence (in an agile, lean practice)
- Work with delivery teams, utilizing agile practices, e.g. Kanban and Scrum and stakeholders to produce release plans/delivery schedules
- Work closely with stakeholders and delivery teams to define/refine requirements, ensuring a clear and common understanding of scope and priority of deliverables, manage interdependencies and impacts among projects and across programs and/or portfolios
- Deliver project scope on time and within budget, enabling business growth and operational excellence
- Lead project teams with expertise, direction, motivation, and encouragement and work with other heads of roles to promote effective cross-functional delivery
- Provide leadership to team members to optimise the delivery flow of teams and actively address the most complicated risks, issues. Support and troubleshoot impediments and drive to resolution
- Implement effective organisational and delivery structures, ensuring decision making at the appropriate level, enabling projects to be responsive change, ensuring you comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
- Lead program governance and management for assigned projects as well as inputting into annual planning, preparing Finance packages, obtaining funding approvals, monitoring program budgets, and management reporting across the portfolio
- Collaborate with Business and Technology Sponsors to develop program/project roadmaps, which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability
- Maintain a strategic focus through ongoing dialogue with business partners, seeking to gain an understanding of key strategic objectives
- Develop the people and organizational processes to grow our internal talent
- Create an environment that fosters openness, transparency, collaboration, and nurtures ideas and encourages diverse points of view
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Deep knowledge of Agile and Lean practices. Can lead on a range of Agile and Lean tools and techniques, with an ability to coach within and outside of their team.
- Strong hands-on experience of Agile frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe). Leading execution of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Able to ensure the team has a situational awareness of what each other is working on. Ensures that working practices are iterated to achieve effective delivery.
- A strong base in project/program management, financial and budget management in technology, technology consulting, and technology processes.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, able to mediate and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. Able to manage stakeholders’ expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales.
- Direct management experience with project / program managers and experience with managing and developing senior managers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to communicate technical and business issues and solutions effectively to multiple organizational levels, internally and externally as needed.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with a dynamic leadership team.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Agile, SAFe, PMP and CSM certifications are preferred.
- Experience with tools like Rally, Jira and Wiki.
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.