Vice President, Head of Product & Solutions, China
- Shanghai, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Product & Solutions team in China is responsible for developing product strategy, providing the thought leadership and long-term design for the growth of credit, debit and prepaid products across the market. This includes Issuer Engagement, Benefits & CVP, Digital Deployment and Digital Solutioning. This team identifies, prioritizes and builds alliances and solutions for new products, platforms and market segment penetration.
What a Head of Product & Solutions does at Visa:
Reporting to the Head of Product & Solutions for Asia Pacific, this individual will lead the China product & Solutions team, working closely with the Group General Manager for Greater China. The position will have significant interaction with all the major geography-based functions (Sales, Marketing, Merchants Sales and Acquiring & Government Relations) as well as Visa Singapore-based executives, across Digital Solutions, Core Solutions, Data Solutions & Merchant Solutions. This role sits on the China market leadership team as well as the Asia Pacific Product Leadership team.
What a Head of Product & Solutions does at Visa:
Reporting to the Head of Product & Solutions for Asia Pacific, this individual will lead the China product & Solutions team, working closely with the Group General manager for Greater China. The position will have significant interaction with all the major geography-based functions (Sales, Marketing, Merchants Sales and Acquiring & Government Relations) as well as Visa Singapore-based executives, across Digital Solutions, Core Solutions, Data Solutions & Merchant Solutions. This role sits on the China market leadership team as well as the Asia Pacific Product Leadership team.
The primary responsibilities of the Head of Product & Solutions, China include:
- Develop, deliver and activate product strategies;
- Establish and enhance pipeline of product enhancements, developments and acceleration plans;
- Launch new product initiatives on time, within budget and across multiple clients
- Manage the Core Product category to grow worldwide Visa revenue;
- Manage and meet financial performance indicators for Visa core products in China including revenue targets, operating expense budgets.
- Manage and meet business metric performance for Visa core products in China, including CIF, payment volume, transaction volume and international cash;
- Lead a team of innovative and engaged individuals focused on delivering best in class products to address local customer preference and anticipated needs.
Why this is important to Visa:
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. We are able to do this through our global network that connects all the participants. As the ecosystem evolves, and with China a key frontier for this evolution, Visa will rely on this team to sift through industry events to identify true market trends from fads and build market leading solutions that will define how future generations in China will pay and get paid with Visa.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will be a high achieving leader familiar with the digital and payments world. However, those with a background in leadership of product & solutions in industries beyond financial services that are leaders in their field could be well suited to this role.
- 15 - 20+ years’ experience in either banking / financial services sector or Technology / FINTECH sector developing and launching new transactional banking services, debit & credit cards, e-payment services AND / OR other digital products / services within the Greater China region.
- S/he should be a natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills and strong executive presence. The individual must be disciplined and comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity and capability to interact and influence across multiple levels and organizations internal and external to Visa.
- Understanding of trends and themes in payments and commerce and / or futurist outlook and passion for technology innovation.
- World-class client-facing and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and management skills
- Degree qualified in business and/or technology. Post graduate qualifications highly desirable. Top tier MBA strongly preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Understanding of Visa business and organization strongly preferred
- Track record for a proven ability to attract, hire and train top talent
What will also help:
- Experience in the retail bank/consumer cards marketing businesses coupled with 8-10 + years of experience in developing and launching new transactional banking services, debit credit cards, e-payment services and other digital products/services in a financial institution and ideally within the China
- Experience leading a global team is desirable, as is an advanced understanding of banking and payment card and e-payments systems and processes.