Programme Manager, Small Businesses (SMB) Partner Program
- Zürich, Switzerland
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
The EU Acquirer Business Development team is responsible for driving pan-European growth by establishing close partnerships with a select group of high growth Acquirers. This involves working in partnership with clients and key internal colleagues across the Visa business including (but not limited to) geographic cluster teams, Product, Finance, Marketing and Consulting. Our ability to be successful rests on gaining a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem, market trends, and ultimately client needs.
The team is also responsible for working in collaboration with colleagues to drive innovative programs that deliver incremental value to clients. This can cover a wide range of areas but currently includes initiatives to increase Visa acceptance, authorisation rates, delivering end-to-end vertical value propositions and creating new solutions that solve segment-specific challenges.
Visa’s has set a goal to digitally enable 8 million small businesses (SMB) in Europe (50 million globally) during the COVID-19 recovery process. The Europe Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) team is launching an SMB partner program for eligible acquirers and enablers to contribute to the goal of on-boarding new SMBs. The programme is for a fixed period and is comprised of a range of components to enable accelerated merchant growth.
The individual will take ownership for the full programme management, with three primary objectives:
- Ensure operational efficiency to recruit, onboard and support multiple participants across Europe concurrently
- Deliver clear and comprehensive materials to ensure that AEs and teams across Europe are equipped to sell and execute locally
- Realise the opportunity to onboard new merchants who will incrementally grow the SMB merchant base
- Stakeholder management of internal teams actively contributing to the programme, including but not limited to: MS&A regional teams in Europe, AE community, consulting & analytics team, Marketing team, data science teams, billing, contract management, legal, and Visa Direct Product teams
- Work with VC&A team to refine and expand the ‘Find’ resources available for partners, including programme feedback into the collateral
- Ownership of internal resource hub for Programme Untapped including programme materials, EU and market specific collateral as well as programme reports
- Support deal approval process for commercial incentives
- Support partner onboarding, including contracting
- Manage all programme reporting, liaising as needed with multiple data teams within Visa, ensuring reporting is set-up and accessible to view for all partners, quality check the regular reports and troubleshoot any data queries
- Management of programme performance by partner, including results on eligible merchants and their performance – regular liaison and investigation of any partner queries
- Manage any value in kind (VIK) incentive funds accessed via the programme, ensuring VIK delivery and contractual requirements met
- Regular checkpoints with key partner AEs on programme performance and optimisation of partner performance
- Build and communicate programme results reports, leveraging internal and external data sources. Present performance and progress to executives in Europe and global, as well as support the communications team in external announcements
- Organize all internal status updates with project teams
- Robust project or change management experience
- Experience in dealing with SMB related topics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships and communicate with all levels of the organization including executive management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including an ability to convey complex technical information
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a matrix environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Data management and analytics skills, experienced excel and comfort with Visa’s BI tools (Tableau, Microstrategy/GBI etc)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver large scale programs across complex organizations
- Collaborative and influencing skills to effectively lead cross functional teams and multiple stakeholders
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.