Senior Director, Head of Data Solutions - Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Japan Data Solutions group is tasked to manage all of Visa’s data and risk product offerings and drive incremental revenue by designing and selling new data products and optimizing client performance. This role will lead and manage 3 key focus areas in the team, which includes Identity & Risk Solutions, Data Products and Business Planning. In addition, there will be interaction with teams in Asia Pacific, as well as, global headquarters in San Francisco.
This role will report to the Vice President and Head of Products and Solutions, Japan
What a Head of Data Solutions does at Visa:
Growing Value-Added Services is a key strategic priority for Visa. As the Head of Data Solutions Japan, you will play a critical role in delivering against this priority by leading the strategy, prioritization and development of Visa’s product roadmap for all data solutions in the market. You will collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and execute Visa’s strategy for the open data economy, scale our risk solutions as well as build out a roadmap for new data solutions to help client acquire new consumers, make improved decisions as well as drive consumer engagement for our issuer and merchant clients. Identifying partnerships, scoping the build of products and services while working with global leaders, technology partners and in-market teams will bring this vision to life.
Important to the role is a customer-oriented mindset when developing solutions while having a strong commercial understanding of a network business including the application of leading technologies. Collaborating with internal and external partners and clients will lead to industry leading solutions that unlock the beneficial use cases for consumers and businesses. Specifically, you will collaborate closely with the Consumer Solutions, Business Solutions and Digital Solutions teams as well as regional and global teams to ensure that the AP suite of solutions meets the needs of our market.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the client-facing data solutions team tasked with product leadership, deployment, and integration services to rollout products
- Grow our revenue from risk and data solutions in this region through pro-active and disciplined pipeline management
- Support country product management with expertise, resource allocation, collaboration on strategy and solutions
- Execute strategy with leadership – Such functions include providing general commercialization guidance, prioritization, influencing merchant and issuers, providing oversight of product-related deals and contract terms, support brokering of deals and partnership, etc.
- Present Visa’s vision and products to ecosystem partners, clients, executives, and press in support of the organizations communications process. Candidate must have a deep understanding Visa’s vision and products to effectively communicate for comprehension and sales impact
Why this is important to Visa
As a crucial part of the next generation of Visa’s growth, this role will set the direction for Data Solutions within Japan. With over 200 countries supported and 3.3 billion cards across the globe, this role will help set the strategy on trends we see through data. This person will help customers by creating an environment with less fraud and helping identify trends that can accelerate market growth.
What you will need:
- Unfailing passion and belief in the transformative power of data in the world
- 15+ years of experience, including 8+ years of experience in product management, project management, and/or management consulting
- Strong project management skills and business acumen – ability to influence strategy while driving tactical program execution
- Possess significant functional knowledge, including software development, marketing, sales, legal, etc.
- Proven track record of high performance and recognized as a subject matter expert in business areas or products
- Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
- Excellent contract and negotiation skills
- An impressive record of digital products/services delivered from idea through to commercialization
- Ability to connect the dots between product, design, technology, and strategy to solve complex problems
What will also help:
- Understanding of Visa business and organization strongly preferred
- Bi-lingual business level language ability in Japanese and English preferred
- Passion for the transformative power of technology for the good of the world
- Track record for a proven ability to attract, hire and train top talent
Projects you will be a part of:
- This role will set the direction of data strategy at Visa Japan
- Work closely with the Visa Consulting and Analytics group to identify trends and conclusions for Japanese clients
- Analyze payment behaviour tied to Tokyo Olympics campaigns and global/national events, e.g., government cashless initiatives.