Product Manager – Data Solutions
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Solutions team is responsible for leading the strategy, prioritization, development and delivery of Visa’s product roadmap for all data solutions in the Japan market. The team collaborates with local, regional, and global stakeholders to develop the go to market for Visa’s open data capabilities, scale Visa’s risk solutions, as well as, delivering Visa’s data solutions roadmap. Our aim is to enable Visa clients and partners drive better customer engagement and outcomes and grow their business. The team is at the vanguard of transforming Visa business model to capture new payment flows and increase value added services.
What a Manager of Data Solutions does at Visa:
As the Manager of Data Solutions, you will contribute to the implementation and development of Visa’s data products and solutions. You will collaborate with key stakeholders, including Fintechs, banks, and credit card companies, to develop and execute Visa’s strategy for the open data economy. Collaborating with internal and external partners and clients will lead to industry leading solutions that unlock the beneficial use cases for consumers and businesses specifically for the Japanese market.
Your passion for data will also enable you to provide support for the continued rollout of Visa’s existing data solutions, which will be key contributors to Visa’s overall open data capability. This will require close collaboration with client relationship managers and operational support teams to enable timely integration and enablement. You will be an integral part of the sales support process and leverage your skills to effectively provide Data Solutions to our partners.
Specific areas of accountability will include:
- Drive growth in value-added-services through the rollout of data products and services and associated Visa data products.
- Lead discussions with prospective clients on open data related aspects with specific focus on Visa’s solutions.
- Develop local business requirements and drive implementation through regional and global teams in close collaboration with other key functional areas including risk, strategy and government relations.
- Provide input and leadership to regulatory and industry developments in Japan around risk and data solutions
- Monitor market trends, emerging technologies and prospective partners in Japan
- Provide local leadership and expertise on various data products and solutions in close collaboration with the regional data solutions team and drive and support local adoption
Why this is important to Visa
To enable Visa’s goal of becoming a network-of-networks, it will be critical to ensure Visa plays an active role in the emerging open data economy. The use of data to facilitate innovative financial services and revenues will become increasingly important to Visa’s clients and our expertise and track record as the leading payments network in the world means Visa is best placed to fulfil these requirements. The Visa data solutions and the broader Visa product team will be at the leading edge of this transformation and will provide the vision and roadmap to make it a reality.
What you will need:
To be successful in the role, s/he should have:
- BA/BS/B Eng. degree in related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Product management experience including product conception as well as launching, building, and growing multiple products with depth in digital identity, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including Sales, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment with global and regional teams.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Native Japanese or equivalent and command of English
What will also help:
- Ability to evolve strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery.
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the data solutions team you will be working on new and innovative solutions. These will include:
- Development of the Japan go-to-market plan for the rollout of Visa’s open data platforms and services, specifically for the Japanese market.
- Collaboration with global teams on the development of value added services that utilize the extended data set available through Visa’s platform.
- Rollout of Visa data product and services in close collaboration with the local sales teams and Visa data sciences team.
- Development of innovative use cases in partnership with internal teams or with Visa’s clients that make use of Visa’s open data products and services.