Director, Internal Audit - Client Operations
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Under the direction of and reporting to the VP - Internal Audit, incumbent will manage and execute aspects of the internal annual plan. Responsibilities include ensuring high professional standards as set forth in Internal Audit's Charter and the Institute of Internal Auditor's (IIA) Professional Standards. Lead engagement planning and scoping activities, working directly with senior client leaders. Oversee the execution of all phases of the audit, supervising a team of multi-disciplined audit (and co-sourced) professionals. Exhibit soundness of judgment and accuracy in all work. Demonstrate ability to understand and train others in the universe of business/technical risks and in the evaluation of the adequacy of management's control design and effectiveness of control activities in accordance with the COSO framework.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills and demonstrate these skills during the audit process to the appropriate level of Visa and Audit management. Ideas should be expressed clearly and concisely.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements. Demonstrate commitment to Visa's and Internal Audit's strategic vision, be a self-starter, and promote project ownership and responsibility for actions.
- Interact with Audit project team members in working towards Departmental goals. Demonstrate ability to resolve team conflicts and bring group together to enhance project results through group planning, feedback and development skills.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of overall business issues. Understand Company structure and functional responsibility. Assess efficiency and effectiveness of a business unit (during a project) and align with Visa-wide strategy and objectives.
- Interact with the senior client leaders and the Audit Leadership Team to offer consultation and ensure quality control of Audit Department practices.
- Coordinate and lead the execution of selected complex projects in areas of specialization and expertise.
- Provide ongoing coaching to Audit professionals of various levels and experience.
- Prepare performance evaluations for auditors.
- During each audit, provide day-to-day and on-site support to ensure quality of Audit services provided:
- Provide direction to auditors to ensure that audits are performed in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Review audit work papers.
- Review draft audit findings, and ensure issues are appropriately vetted and constructed given the circumstances.
- Provide reports to client managers on the effectiveness of their business unit's internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of a control or process.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on all significant weaknesses noted in the reports.
- Coordinate with other risk management functions and Independent Public Accountants to minimize duplication of effort and to ensure that issues raised as a result of their reviews are appropriately addressed.
For Special Projects, as assigned:
- · Participate in activities related to systems development, new products, mergers and acquisitions, and analyze new policies to ensure that control considerations are evaluated in the early stages of these activities.
- · Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- · Enhance Audit's policies, procedures and methodologies to improve Audit's effectiveness in achieving its Charter.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or related field.
- 8-10+ years of internal audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution, or Big 4 assurance experience.
- CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience managing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Strong supervisory and time management skills.
- Experiencing in managing a staff of diverse professionals.
- Experience evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for 10% to 25% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.