Director – Product Management
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As part of the Product & Solutions team, this role’s function is to support our Clients in driving their product business. It will serve to increase customer preference for their Visa account and position Visa as a strategic partner and enabler of superior value propositions.
The Product team supports the development and implementation of product solutions aligned to our clients’ customer strategies and business plans. The team has a clear focus on delivering thought leadership on retail product development, customer experience and digital strategy, through the design and development of the future payment’s roadmap.
Based in Melbourne, this role will support one of Visa’s most valued clients in the region and divide their time onsite with the client and the Visa office.
In this role, you will need to be highly collaborative and support the development and implementation of consumer product solutions. You will provide expert advice to the client, by understanding the client's business problem or market opportunity and help them find the right solutions. The Director will consult on the development and subsequent execution of the client’s business strategies, plans, and projects which will deliver the optimal payments experience globally. You will be responsible for the go-to-market strategy and implementation and achieve high levels of client satisfaction and engagement.
The Director is highly proficient in Product CVP design, customer experience and channel management strategies, ongoing portfolio and lifecycle management together with emerging payments and how consumers of the future will transact and make payments. The Director works with the client to prepare compelling business cases and potential investment opportunities in line with client and Visa objectives.
The Director is highly competent in their knowledge across all Visa Products, but has access to and will call upon Visa Product SMEs where appropriate to support the client.
As a dedicated product SME for one of Visa’s most valued clients, the Director will work closely with the Client Relationship Managing Team to support the client in the following ways:
- Develop and deliver the client product strategy and Visa plan objectives across consumer credit, consumer debit and prepaid, commercial and small business.
- Optimize current state of the business; CVP development and consulting, customer experience, data analytics, acquisition, activation, spend and retention.
- Initiate and manage product research for the client’s product teams through use of both client and visa analytical tools to make proactive recommendations to the client’s management.
- Develop tool kits and comprehensive case studies demonstrating Visa best practices to the client.
- Develop and manage product reporting for our client.
- Perform onsite expert support to our client’s product management team, conducting portfolio performance reviews, trend analyses and the implementation of appropriate portfolio optimization actions.
- Coordinate and present relevant business development and product implementation opportunities to the client.
- Achieve specific product, volume and revenue targets.
- Develop market analyses and product development strategies.
- Develop and submit product strategy plans.
- Bring global best practices and thought-leadership to initiatives and interactions with the client
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and critical thinking
- Strong collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible working style, and able to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis.
- Proven presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently.
- Proven experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data.
- Commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
Digital & Innovation acumen
- Digitally and innovative oriented, with the propensity to apply new knowledge
- Current and up-to-date with latest innovation, digital trends, research, skills, and education
- Champions bold ideas and new ways of doing things
- Challenges and questions to stimulate innovative thinking.
- Consistently searches for innovative, more efficient ways to work and make incremental improvements to existing processes or ways of doing business with internal or client stakeholders.
- Innovates quickly to create results when new and relevant information surfaces.
- Actively promotes an environment of inclusion and diversity of thought.
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully – ensuring opinions are heard.
- Proactively limit or mitigate unconscious biases when making decisions.
- Connects the dots and information across the organization to leverage the best of Visa’s technologies, expertise, and solutions.
- Keeps client needs at the forefront of priorities and takes action to provide high quality solutions/services that exceed their expectations.
- Makes quicks, timely decisions in the face of limited, ambiguous information, or in a crisis or other high-pressure situation.
- Adapts and recognizes the appropriate mix of qualitative and quantitative input required to make an informed decision, particularly when prompt action is required.
- Determines success criteria and key performance indicators for achievement of results and track and monitor progress against those criteria.
- Encourages others to openly share and build on each other’s new ideas, products or solutions.
- Demonstrates energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and views complicated tasks as engaging or motivating.
- Shows openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information.
- Quickly adapts to multiple changing work demands and priorities by adjusting style and tactics to fit the new circumstances.
- Quickly recovers from setbacks or failure by viewing as a lesson learned and trying again.
Technical Skills Required
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience with development of card payments products
- Extensive experience delivering new and emerging payment solutions