Senior Implementation Analyst (Project Manager)
- Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we bring the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
What the Senior Implementation Analyst does at Visa:
This position serves as Visa Project Manager for implementation services provided to Clients (Banks). This is an individual contributor responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovation solutions. This role serves to gather and document project requirements while providing client consultative guidance on Visa regulations, fees, features and functionality.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Provide project management support to Visa clients and processors to ensure client expectations are exceeded
- Coordinate directly with client to analyze card program setup requirements to implement Visa products and services to support the business and formulate implementation solutions
- Report client project accomplishments and deliverables to management on weekly or monthly basis
- Confidently manage client projects in parallel to product developments and a changing landscape
- Manage non-routine, complex processing requests, as well as short term tactical and strategic customer initiatives
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement to improve team efficiencies and project delivery to clients
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key Visa client institutions, processors and internal stakeholders
- Build a cohesive global workgroup and involve those global workgroups in communications and decision-making.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans, status reports, and issues logs
- Represent client system and operational requirements to internal Visa organizations. Constantly create good functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, by being able to speak confidently and having a professional demeanor
- Be accountable for delivering agreed objectives. Be responsible for own workflow assignments and must be able to take the initiative to resolve problems and ensure delivery on commitments
- Assume appropriate decision-making authorities to ensure flawless execution of project objectives
- Coordinate internal Visa resources to ensure delivery on commitments
- This position requires off scheduled work including late evenings / weekends in support of client and company configuration changes and associated post-production validation
Why this is important to Visa:
The role works across a breadth of internal and external stakeholders to achieve the stated project objectives. If required, this role escalates projects that are in jeopardy and works with line management within Visa and the Client organization to make decisions that bring needed resources to resolve any issues. The role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
What you will need:
We are looking for an individual who brings breadth of experience, a curiosity about payments, is results-driven and client focused. As a candidate, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience in a business analyst role in software or financial services
- Requires a minimum of 8+ years’ of Information Technology system knowledge with good understanding of project management, technology and applications
- Candidate is required to interact with stakeholders in US / India / Singapore, hence the ability to speak/write English fluently is a must
- Project management of retail banking, card schemes or new technologies that are applicable to the payment industry
- Good working knowledge of Visa’s payment processing systems including message routing, authorization, clearing & settlement and client connectivity a plus
What will also help:
- Excellent time management, organization and planning skills a must
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply to business solutions
- Able to set priorities, influence others and manage client expectations
- Demonstrated success in client relationship management
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language in a focused and well organized manner
- Team collaboration demonstrated by desire and willingness to share knowledge with a broader team, be receptive to new ideas and changes to the standard operational procedures
- Be able to learn and acquire knowledge in new technologies in keeping step with market developments
- Good analytical skills, not just for problem analysis, but to use technical acumen for reviewing appropriateness of technical or project documents and in integrating systems solutions
- Willingness to take on new challenges, explore new ideas and be flexible with changing priorities
- Orientation towards quality enhancement and process improvement
Projects that you will be a part of:
This role manages the efforts of Visa technical and business resources, leads project discussions with Visa Clients (banks) to achieve a timely and error free implementation of new Visa products and services and/or add-on of Visa programs. This role is responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
Working Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners and clients.