Director, Implementation (Project Manager)
- Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we bring the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
What the Director, Implementation does at Visa:
Director leads a talented team of professional services organization including Senior Project Managers and Project Managers responsible for overall technical product implementation and solution, project management and relationship management for Visa Clients, Strategic Partners and Processors globally. This role will lead a talented team of valued specialists, applying specialized knowledge of Visa’s proprietary systems and applications as it relates to Client programs, transaction processing/routing, and its implications to clients, processors and cardholders.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Provide technical leadership for all digital project implementation activities for a complex and diverse client base, driving cross-functional delivery of systems and services to customers.
- Provide functional responsibility for leading an Implementations team to increase knowledge sharing and learnings to enable consistent interaction with clients
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance during the various phases of digital implementation and commercialization process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to support a successful implementation and rollout.
- Be a thought leader within the organization for how best to implement new products/services within Visa’s proprietary systems, relied upon by the Product and Technology organizations.
- Define and deploy implementation strategies that deliver effective, efficient and consultative support and project management that aligns to Business Development, Client and Client Services business goals and objectives.
- Build a strong and cohesive team by providing leadership to direct reports through coaching, setting strategic direction and applying working knowledge of Visa products, systems and procedures.
- Ensures that the Implementation team represents client needs to internal stakeholder organizations including Client Services, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal through accurate business requirements and ongoing advocacy.
- Establish and foster relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa digital products and services.
- Overall planning, directing and oversight responsibility of multiple projects, digital products and services or functions typically requiring the utilization or management of resources across multiple departments or functional areas.
- Lead by example and hold direct reports accountable for their development by utilizing the Visa Leadership Principles and Rewards and Recognition programs inclusive of Annual Review.
Why this is important to Visa.
The Director is responsible for providing project implementation leadership, oversight, and direction for digital implementations team. The role requires a keen insight into Visa product offerings, best practices, and calls for deep collaboration and partnership with business leadership across Client Services, Sales, Product and other internal stakeholders.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 12 years of success in progressive leadership roles in client facing roles ideally in the Payments industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience in a project management or role in software or financial services. Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/PhD) preferred.
- Proven track record of leading and driving a team of technical and/or professional services to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
- Demonstrated strategic ability to solve complex global cross-functional issues exercising critical thinking and sound judgment and to lead cross functional teams through high impact complex business issues that do not have precedent
- Experience shaping and delivering professional services delivery strategy
- Ability to influence and negotiate in order to drive results, using analytics to measure performance against key initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels
- Functional experience in bankcard technology and project management, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Solid working knowledge of Visa’s payment systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, and settlement services
- In-depth knowledge of payments network and processing services
- In-depth knowledge of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses
- Proven record of accomplishment in leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
- Experience shaping and delivering professional services delivery strategy
What will also help:
- Excellent time management, organization and planning skills a must
- Strong leadership skills, influencing and negotiating skills, highly effective communicator
- Demonstrated Influencing and negotiation skills, managing client expectations and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated success with clients through strategic and consultative approach leveraging analytical tools and processes
- Strong oral and written communications
- Be able to communicate complex, technical concepts in a focused and well organized manner
- Good analytical skills, not just for problem analysis, but to use technical acumen for reviewing appropriateness of technical or project documents and in integrating systems solutions
- Willingness to take on new challenges, explore new ideas and be flexible with changing priorities
- Orientation towards quality enhancement and process improvement
- Management and mentoring of team members with responsibility for delivering an exemplary standard of leadership and motivation through the Client Implementation teams. Accountability to the very highest standard of ethics along with business and service efficiency
- Develop talent within the Implementations team to provide world-class, differentiated service, best in class work environment
Projects you will be part of:
Leadership of the Client Implementations unit responsible for managing a team of professionals comprising of Senior Project Managers and Project Managers delivering implementation of new Visa Digital products and services for Visa Client, Strategic Partners and Processors.
Working Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners and clients.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.