Technical Support Analyst – IaaS Software Engineering
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) team is part of Visa’s Global Data Center Engineering and Operations (DCE&O) organization that is responsible for managing data center infrastructure capacity, deployments, operational tools, data quality, and maintenance supporting our enterprise Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) operations. The team works closely with Data Center Facilities Engineering, Hardware Engineering, & Network Engineering to provide critical planning, analytical, and monitoring capabilities across our global infrastructure footprint. The candidate will work as part of the DCIM team to support and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the DCIM business function.
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality software solutions
- Analyze and review business, functional, and technical requirements
- Document and develop code according to specifications and standards
- Coordinate with other developers and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues and creative solutions
- Prepare test data, plan and conduct unit, system, and integration testing
- Collaborate with business partners on user acceptance testing
- Troubleshoot and optimize data quality and performance issues
- Participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers, business analysts, technical project managers, and across other technology team boundaries, reporting project status as required
- Work closely with various IT and business stakeholders to drive and/or facilitate development of requirements, specifications, and use cases for assigned projects
- Recommend and develop integration standards, guidelines and best practices
- Collaborate with product vendors and systems integrators on delivery of solutions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is required
- At least 2 years of experience in building applications or APIs using C#/Java
- Experience in Web Application development with the knowledge of React/Angular/NodeJS
- Experience with SQL Databases and Data visualization using Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience with code management systems (GIT or TFS)
- Hands-on experience providing system administration support for Windows environments
- Working knowledge of ITSM/ITIL methodology & production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, and escalation procedures
- Designing and implementing automation solutions
- Knowledge of functional testing, integration testing, system testing, and user acceptance testing
- Ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to successfully manage and execute multiple tasks / projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure systems (compute/network/storage/virtualization/etc)
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.