Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting and managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs and visualizations for relationships/utilization and a whole lot more. On this team, you'll create efficient and reusable systems with extensive test coverage and modern technologies. You'll also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces and ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
- 6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree(B.E/B.Tech) or at least 4 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (M.E/M.Tech)
- Experience of building REST based web services & web applications using Java and/or Spring framework
6-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree(B.E/B.Tech)
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Experience of building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation/PaaS/Continuous Delivery
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux and Windows
- Process oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to Junior developers
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices
- Collaborate and talk through your architecture and delivery decisions
- Tackle the tough design and product problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to junior developers
- Develop scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications using Java/Spring
- Build tools to automate our deployment pipelines
- Build tools to report on status of operations and performance
- Build automated tests and enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment and maintenance
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.