Lead Application Architect
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a solution architect, you will lead and manage a variety of projects in the CTO group. In this role, you will introduce new services, technologies, and technical solutions to VST infrastructure to deliver innovative solutions to meet Global Compliance sanctions requirements.
You will drive technical solutions for large/medium scale, always available, secure, fast and international ready solutions that will have direct impact on the land scape of the payments industry and Compliance Sanctions for generations to come.
Your solutions, in most cases, will be used by multiple products every minute of the day. You have the opportunity to transform technologies like web, distributed computing and Compliance platforms to create seamless, fast, reliable and user-friendly solutions that comply with Sanctions requirements. You will have the opportunity to propose, not only technical, but also new business/functional models.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, technology teams, internal or external to Compliance. You will propose new innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions and negotiate alternative options. Also to build technical and release roadmaps for internal team, which serves Global Compliance needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify appropriate technical solutions and/or products and designs that will best prepare the company to meet future business and Compliance objectives.
- Design the appropriate solution that is based on the business and Sanctions requirements.
- Propose new solutions to meet the fast-changing payments industry.
- Document the design in the form of a conceptual approach which will be used as the basis for sizing and knowledge sharing with the team
- Perform proofs of concept (PoCs) and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs, and solutions, where needed and when time permits, with management approval
- Work with engineering professionals and others within Visa to ensure that the solution will scale appropriately while ensuring that what is implemented is a cost-effective solution.
- Manage the creation of detail design and use case documents.
- Hands on development needed.
- Work with developers and manage them (from a technical perspective) during project construction.
- Continue to learn about the payments industry, and the factors impacting the payments industry.
- Demonstrates understanding of technology platforms, technical environment and emerging technologies that will help Visa to be compliant with Global Compliance needs
- Design, guide, review solutions to ensure new products/business meet Global Compliance requirements, collaborating closely with all stakeholder teams internal and external to Global Compliance
- Document scope of new product integrations and be the point person/SME for new integrations
- Partner and work with Visa teams to meet Global compliance policy mandates:
- Access clients needs, understand use case, constraints, etc.
- Recommend existing solutions (or) build new prototypes (or) evaluate new solutions to address Compliance requirements. Perform detailed data analysis to discover data insights before and after solution and document
- Perform proactive data analysis to discover gaps, if any, and drive resolution
- Provide solution design/process recommendations for automation projects and drive to completion with expediency
- Be the technical Product SME for Compliance and business stakeholders, with thorough understanding of end to end data flow throughout all systems and provide appropriate mentoring to team members
- Willingness to work across time zones to support Compliance and meet deliverables
- Able to multitask and actively involved working with internal and external Compliance teams to brainstorm and resolve issues, as well as ongoing tasks
Can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations
- Go to person for CTO team to assist and address inquiries( technical/functional ) from team members
- Bachelors with 9+ years or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering with 3 years of work experience respectively.
- Very strong interpersonal, facilitation, team building and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners.
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; Typically requires 12+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products, at least 3 of which were in the role of an architect or a lead developer.
- Extensive Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP(s), REST, JSON, WS*).
- Extensive experience in API design and in system and component design.
- Extensive Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases (primarily Tomcat, Oracle). Other database, MongoDB, Cassandra is a Plus.
- Experience in Web security, APIs Security is a must
- Experience in distributed computing, Microservices
- Payments industry experience is a must
- Willingness to work with teams across different zones to meet deliverables
- Java Application Code technical support experience
- Java coding/debugging is mandatory
- Strong technical background with a working knowledge of Splunk, including log analysis and constructing queries
- Experience supporting web and troubleshooting problems in a cross-functional environment.
- A strong technical aptitude, analytical skills in addition to excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Golang, Grafana
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Linux/Unix, shell script, Perl, Jira, Rally, Agile methodologies
- Experience with Compliance systems
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.