Client Engagement Manager
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Creative, driven and want to make a difference in the world? Want to explore new territories?
This role is for you.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
The Visa Innovation and Design Team consists of a team of payments experts, designers, researchers, facilitators and technology specialists. We work on exciting projects and co-creations, solving complex problems in the industry. We combine Design Thinking with innovative approaches to technology to deliver insightful and actionable outcomes and concepts that help define the future of commerce in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Job Scope: Our Miami Innovation Center is looking for a SWAN - someone who is Smart, Works Hard, is Ambitious, and NICE! to be part of a team of "intrapreneurs” who help clients and partners bring new solutions to life, from imagination to commercialization solving consumer pain points and deliver compelling consumer payments experiences of the future.
The ideal candidate will work with minimal guidance in a fast paced, ambiguous work environment, and will have the ability to independently translate high level guidance into detailed deliverables. He/she will demonstrate good interpersonal skills and executive presence.
This role is to co-lead the efforts to identify highly repetitive challenges solved by the Innovation Center and package them into standardized set-plays, in order to have pre-defined formulas to run this type of Co-Creation sessions in a faster and more effective way. The role also includes to manage client engagements and facilitate Set-Play Co-creations in partnership with the product, design, developer teams and third party agencies when required.
Core Role: Create and continuously update set-plays and to manage and facilitate client engagements based on design thinking methodologies in LAC and the Caribbean.
- Create and update Set-Plays based on repetitive client and partners challenges
- Manage Set-Play engagements using design thinking and human centered design methodologies, to help banks, merchants, fintechs, technology companies and other partners in Visa’s to discuss, prioritize and deliver future payment experiences.
· Use Scrum or project management methodologies to scope project phases, define key workshop deliverables and activities.
- Coordinate with the sales, product, design, developer teams and also third party agencies all the activities required for each engagement.
- Carry out desktop research, prepare relevant content related to payments, technology and consumers.
- Adapt the content to segments of clients, such as Issuer and Acquirer Banks, Merchants and Fintechs to inspire them on the design sessions.
- Co-facilitate Set-Play Co-Creation sessions in partnership with the design team and external agencies if required.
- Understand technical requirements to bring the proposed solution to life.
- Define high level solution architecture including Visa, Client or ecosystem capabilities available in order to define the MVP roadmap.
- Actively monitor developments in payments and current and future trends that impact the payment industry.
- Manage Set-Plays client pipeline and track projects progress.
- Track implementation progress with the account executives and the client.
- Generate pipeline and portfolio executive reports.
- Ensure compliance with Visa’s processes and requirements for the Innovation Center engagements and activities.
- Develop a strong understanding of Visa’s payment services and capabilities, and technical foundations.
What we’re looking for
- A hands on, proactive and driver talent with a keen balance between creativity, commercial aptitude, intellectual curiosity and project management.
- Natural communicator and storyteller with passion for promoting ideas effectively - show openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate human insights into commercial outcomes.
- Tech Savvy individual, with technology and fintech experience and previous exposure.
- Inspirational and motivational skills; actively promotes an environment of inclusion and diversity of thought.
- Adaptable, energetic, positive and motivated when tackling challenging problems.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Commerce, Design or Technology (MBA a plus)
- Approximately 4 – 8 years of experience in innovation, design, strategy or consulting, having developed digital strategies and implemented new products to market.
- Entrepreneurial, startup or corporate innovation experience.
- Demonstrated capabilities in client engagement – communication, facilitation skills and presence.
- Proven expertise in Human Center Design and Design Thinking methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively across various Visa and Innovation functions
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law