Sr. Director, Global Risk Strategy Lead
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Global Risk Strategy Lead role is tasked with being a visionary voice that ensures our strategy anticipates and responds to market trends and drives long term differentiation for Visa while enhancing the safety and security of our payments ecosystem. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Global Risk Strategy & Operations team, chartered with developing the strategic analysis that will shape our risk investments and market responses.
· Formulate a company-wide risk strategy by working cross-functionally across the risk organization, as well as with the product, technology, sales, and business planning teams
· Synthesize the company’s strategic risk objectives, industry trends, and client/ecosystem needs to identify and formulate a risk vision that can achieve the organization’s risk agenda
· Partner closely with the Risk leadership team to establish strategic plans and develop priorities focused on expanding our competitive advantage, enhancing relationships with key stakeholders, and driving adoption of Risk capabilities and solutions
· Design and implement the process that will address strategic risk questions facing the organization and broader payments ecosystem to improve our differentiation while enhancing the security of the payments ecosystem
· Evaluate market opportunities for new risk capabilities, proactively forecast ecosystem needs and develop strategy that identifies and addresses existing gaps in our risk portfolio to drive cross-functional prioritization
· Provide competitive insight to our organization and the broader business through data analysis and research (market, client, competition) by leveraging risk experts throughout the company and develop an effective market response strategy
· Assess the effectiveness of our various risk initiatives and make recommendations that optimize the organization’s business objectives and resource allocation
· Acts as a thought partner and trusted advisor to senior executives and business leaders by staying abreast of competitive moves, security trends, regulatory developments and other strategic developments
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
· MBA or other advanced degree, or equivalent practical experience
· 10+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or an analytical/operational role for global corporations
· Knowledge of the payments industry and experience in risk function is a plus
· Experience with strategic analysis
· Executive level presentation and communication experience; Good executive presence
· Inspirational leader with strong collaboration skills and proven ability to work cross functionally with diverse business unit leaders
· Successful track record of impeccable organizational abilities, validated business insight and client experience
· Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
· Developed consulting skills enabling the individual to work with others to elicit information, to think objectively and analytically and to influence outcomes positively
· Fact-based problem solver with the ability to evaluate alternative courses of action and make sound management decisions
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.