Head of Visa Direct Payments Products
- San Francisco, CA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillion of payment volume globally.
This role will be responsible for managing the core product management team responsible for the strategy, development and roadmap of Visa Direct across the following product areas:
- Card Payments: Push to and Pull from Cards (OCT and AFT)
- Alternative Payments: Leveraging non-card rails to facilitate payments via ACH, RTP and Digital Wallets.
- Money Movement: Settlement, Liquidity and FX services and strategy needed to enable the core payments flows
- Evolve Visa’s strategy to support simple, transparent, scalable payments solutions that allow originators to move money more easily
- Drive enhancements to the product architecture to allow originators to send money through multiple delivery networks, with intelligent routing that allows them to focus on their core business, rather than payments infrastructure
- Commercialize the initial scaling of Visa Direct Payouts post launch, as well as long term roadmap
- Lead strategic development of platform to support Corporate Banking, Marketplaces, Remitters and other key segments, i.e. Receiver Directed Payments, Recipient Secure Capture and Payout Token Services.
- Client interaction with top corporate/treasury bank executives, e.g. Head of Payments, Head of Treasury Products as well as their equivalents within Acquirers, Processors and PSPs
- Ensure Visa Direct’s roadmap supports overall commercial targets for all payment types and use cases
- Oversee a team of 4-6 high performing Product Managers to deliver products to market
- Senior leadership interaction within Visa including executives from Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, Risk, Sales, Marketing, Product, Investor Relations, Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy and Technology
- Business and platform architecture
- Key team to evaluate M&A or strategic partnership opportunities across all Visa Direct
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a Phd
- 10-15 years of experience in product management
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven leader with a track record for successfully developing or transforming complex, global platforms.
- At least 4 years of experience in a payments leadership role.
- Knowledge of predominant payment schemes in strategic markets, i.e. ACH, RTP, SWIFT, Cards.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on outcomes.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.