Production Support Analyst - Incident/Problem Management
- Paris, France
- Temps complet
Description de l'entreprise
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Description du poste
What's it all about?
The Back Office Operations group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa Technology & Operations France up and running to cater SLA of the business. As part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, performing the code deployment in Production and Client testing environment, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation and ensure communication with vendors and clients.
You will also ensure that service meets the corporate quality, security and compliance standards, and provide the documentation for the ongoing support and maintenance of the systems.
The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
This is a professional level position and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. You will be expected to interact with Systems, Database personnel, Engineering, Product Development, Clients, Risk and various groups within Technology. Strong Windows/Linux capabilities, communication and analytical skills are very important to find success in this role.
What we expect of you, day to day...
- Provide application monitoring and support across multiple applications.
- Ensure the performance and tuning of several applications.
- Responsible for applying code and operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running.
- Responsible for evaluating the issues reported by Visa clients and providing ongoing solutions
- Resolve incidents and problems in accordance within defined guidelines and meet operational level agreements.
- Respond to general inquiries, and provide assistance as required in analysing the trends and suggesting long-term and short-term improvements.
- Provide automation solutions of manual repetitive tasks.
- Work closely with other services / suppliers to investigate issues and facilitate incident resolution
- Assist in change management processes, improve the efficiency, and help standardize current processes.
- Document and thoroughly understand the application architecture, system configuration across platforms and work with various systems and use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues.
- Certify the quality acceptance testing following regulatory and functional evolutions: design test scenarios, create test scripts for online certifications and perform stress test of the applications.
- Participate in any relevant Business Continuity exercise and the Disaster recovery plans.
- Contribute to any audit or assessment performed on the managed services.
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you don’t have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences which would transfer well.
For this role the key skills required are...
- Experience in a production support role
- Experience with application support organization working on critical application
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS standards
- Good communication skill and ability to work as team player.
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must.
- Very Good knowledge and hands on Oracle database (SQL language).
- Experience in supporting systems that run on Windows and Linux Environment.
- Experience with web-related technologies including IIS, Apache, etc.
- Experience with shell scripting, bash /powershell scripting and any other scripting languages.
- Understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS, certificates, Load balancer and firewall.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (splunk, Nagios, cacti), alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups.
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Fluent in French (job based in Paris) and in English
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.