- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Responsible for the financial statement preparation both under US GAAP and Local GAAP including the preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, deferrals and balance sheet reconciliations for Hub, Argentina, Costa Rica and other entities in the region.
- Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies and procedures, US GAAP, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable).
- Responsible for the supervision of the fixed assets of LAC Region related depreciation/amortization and reporting schedules for both financial and tax records.
- Executes the remeasurement analysis from local currency to US currency by adhering to FASB 52
- Ensure filing of timely and accurate local statutory financial statements ensuring compliance with local GAAPs.
- Ensure consistent treatment in line with Global policies. This includes knowledge and reconciliation of US to Local GAAP differences.
- Ensures compliance with existing and new accounting policies for both US GAAP and local GAAP including specific materiality thresholds used in the region.
- Responsible for the FCPA and SOX controls for the financial accounting close.
- Responsible for the transfer pricing calculations.
- Participation in special projects. Identify any potential financial related risk areas and provide sound recommendations and solutions to Visa for mitigation of the identified risk.
- Client incentives analysis and support to commercial area
- Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Management.
- Responsible of coordinate internal and external audits.
- Prioritize tasks within job function balancing the need to meet tight deadlines and other corporate demands.
- Exercise good judge to escalate issues to Supervisor.
- Interacts with global, regional and in-country Controllership, Compliance, Internal Audit, and Finance teams.
- Collaborates with regional function leaders (e.g., Business Development, Acceptance, Product, Marketing, Finance and Corporate Services)
- Expected to demonstrate independent decision-making and judgment, and lead issue resolution.
- Timely provision of reports by agreed timelines.
Ability to define/solve end-to-end problems and issues; timely and accurate processing of data/information through the systems
- Degree in Accounting or ACCA or equivalent
- CPA equivalent and MBA/Graduate studies
- Minimum 7 years relevant accounting experience in a multi-national publicly traded company
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong understanding of accounting controls and tax issues as applicable to local standards as well as under US GAAP.
- Experience in a public accounting firm is preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS and local accounting and tax requirements
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must project credibility and integrity.
- Good business judgment.
- Works well under pressure.
- People-oriented/team player.
- Takes initiative; self-motivator.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good business English, both oral and written.
- Oracle knowledge preferred.
Good communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure in a complex and diverse, international and multi-cultural environment.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law