Lead Network Engineer
- Shanghai, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The China Operations and Infrastructure group is responsible for the support, availability, and reliability of Visa China’s technology infrastructure. The China network support group is responsible for the ongoing support and operation of Visa China’s commercial networks, wide area network, the extranet/Internet networks. The China network support group also shares responsibility with information security for network access and security compliance of all networks. This position will be located in Shanghai.
- This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Provide technical coordination, oversight and leadership for staff and serve as escalation point for complex technical issues
- Plan, design, implement and provides ongoing support of network systems of high complexity in extranet, commercial and corporate environments to fulfill the business needs
- Serve as a technical lead for hardware installation, configuration, and operational support of these networks’ routers, switches, load balancers, WAN optimizers
- Serve as technical a lead for WAN Optimization, working with application owners and clients to fine-tune WAN links for optimal performance
- Serve as a technical lead for Load Balancer technology, working with application and systems teams to optimize application delivery on the network
- Provide technical support to the Visa client institutions and to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Build and maintain relationship with global and virtual teams and third parties on network development or support issues
- Lead development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
- Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe
- Ensure full compliance of Visa Key Controls and Technical Service Requirements for all network architecture, designs, implementations and operations both past and present
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
- Develop processes and procedures for use by the Network team and third parties in the management of network environments
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or * 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and software - Cisco CCIE, CCNA or CCNP Routing and Switching certification preferred
- Working knowledge of the IP networking environment and financial ecommerce desired
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
- 5 years related experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology
- As the role involves interaction with global teams and local vendors strong English and Mandarin communication skills are required.
- Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Experience leading complex global projects from development through implementation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and network environment issues
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- ITIL certification preferred
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.