Senior Director - Head of Merchant Sales & Acquiring, Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Overall responsibility for the Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) strategy in Malaysia and its implementation as well as the growth and development of meaningful and profitable merchant, acquirer and payment intermediary relations. In addition, this role is responsible for working with the Country Management team on industry & regulatory initiatives key account management, stakeholder and partner relationships and interchange management for the Malaysia market. This role is recognized as the Visa authority on the acceptance and growth of digital payments as well as industry and regulatory areas in the market.
The Head of MS&A Malaysia will lead Visa’s relationship with key strategic merchants and acquirers, broadening Visa’s acceptance footprint across all channels including face to face, online and mobile. This Senior Business Development Leader role will involve overseeing the development and implementation of acceptance and merchant strategies that grow the penetration of electronic payments in Malaysia to drive Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) and revenue. The person taking this role should be able to understand and communicate local market needs to the Country, Hub and Global Merchant Sales & Acquiring organizations so that they are able to effectively and efficiently define market-specific strategies required to manage complex acceptance issues.
This is a client-facing role and requires the successful candidate to establish and foster deep relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management
- The person occupying this position will play a critical role at the Malaysia Country leadership team, influencing fellow peers in providing leadership and strategic guidance to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to successfully support Visa initiatives, while establishing and fostering relationships with merchants, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders
- Develop and execute the MS&A strategy for Malaysia, to increase personal consumption expenditure (PCE) penetration, Visa merchant volume, market share, data processing revenues and create acquirer, merchant and consumer preference for Visa
- In conjunction with the country management teams, represent Visa on industry bodies and forums
- Development of merchant acquiring strategy and business plans for Malaysia and management of interchange strategy with key internal stakeholders
- Development of new initiatives/solutions, implementation of marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, both in physical world and virtual world, with a specific focus on the execution of the government payment strategy
- Ensure a sound and healthy working relationship with key merchants and lead Sales colleagues in account management of the key accounts
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management to a team of skilled professionals, establishing a customer focused, performance based culture
- Direct in-market MS&A resources to ensure that all goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner, with a resulting high level of client satisfaction
- Ensure the MS&A team provides the necessary leadership and support to local Clients/country and to internal stakeholder organizations including Sales, Product, Marketing, Corporate Relations, Risk, Client Services and Legal
- Support local Client Sales Teams with their sales efforts. Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required
- Maintain and build rapport with Singapore Hub peers, MS&A colleagues and functional teams across Visa to exchange, learn and leverage best practices
- Local market, regulatory and payment landscape knowledge and functional experience in acceptance, merchant acquiring, digital payments and gateways, interchange management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge and client sales, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Experience managing a team of sales and specialist professionals
- A minimum of 10 years of success in progressive leadership positions in the Payments industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Graduate degree/MBA preferred
- Working knowledge of the local and global payments networks and processing services
Working knowledge of payments network and processing services
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of acceptance and other products and services offered by Visa
- Microsoft office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc
- Broad and multiple industry exposure.
- Strong Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Sales and Relationship management skills
- General Finance and Accounting
- Business analytical analysis
- Project management
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience shaping and delivering defined strategies
- Proven track record of leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
- Executive presence