Assoc. Program Manager
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital & Developer Platform (VDDP) within Visa is a globally-distributed division of over 600 team members within Visa's Technology & Operations organization. We are responsible for developing and managing end-to-end technology solutions that promote growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets.
Digital & Developer Product Development (DDP) develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets.
The Mobile Enablement PMO is seeking highly qualified senior level program managers who are passionate about innovating, planning and delivering truly differentiated user experiences.
The person in this role will work across multiple business and technical units within Visa to drive overall project success. Comprehensive day-to-day management of software development projects will be required.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting business partners during the ideation phase
- Driving requirements elaboration with business and technology partners
- Managing technical project scope definition and understand project priority
- Support cross-functional planning and project execution with the technology teams
- Developing and managing detailed baseline project plans
- Driving, managing, and tracking projects through each phase of the project life cycle through to successful completion, with oversight.
- Managing project status, issues and risks
- Manage project change requests, project priorities, and project trade-offs.
- Maintaining current project documentation
- Support team compliance with quality, security, operational resilience, and other non-functional requirements
This position will work closely with members of Product Management, UI/UX, Product Development, QA, Release Management, Implementation Management, Security, and Operations teams, as well as with all levels of management within the organization. The DDP organization leverages the Scrum delivery model. This role will include project management that involves integrating multiple delivery methodologies within projects (e.g., various flavors of Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall).
A strong candidate will have experience with technology project management, cross-functional team leadership, and managing through influence, as well as communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, project/program management, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or administrator, but has a drive to learn new things, and a "make it happen" attitude. This candidate must have experience in onsite/offsite collaboration and the ability to manage communication across global time zones.
- Experienced in developing, operating and tailoring Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Support sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies
- Support Agile release planning
- Develop metrics and reports using Rally to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals
- Technical acumen to capture, communicate and manage issues/blockers/risks to resolution
- Managing effective Agile Ceremonies and tracking change controls
- Strong Communication: Clear and concise verbal and written skills
- Meeting facilitation
- MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio (Required)
- Coordinate with teams in a matrixed geographically disperse environment
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 1 year of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience with onsite/offsite collaboration and managing technical projects and/or programs.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Five (5) years specialized experience in project or program management.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) certification, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification, or Advanced Certified Scrum Master (ACSM) certification
- Familiarity with project management and reporting tools (e.g., Clarity, Tableau, Excel, Rally, JIRA Etc.); project management techniques; software development lifecycle in a mobile environment; scrum/agile experience.
- Familiarity with productivity and collaboration tools, including Sharepoint, Microsoft Teams, Wiki pages, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.