Human Resource Manager
- New York, NY
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The HR Manager will partner with the HRBP Directors for North America Region (USA & Canada) and VCA on a variety of HR initiatives and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
· Build relationships with business leaders and be a catalyst in delivering Human Resources solutions that support the specific needs of each business and overall business objectives.
· Provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning and development initiatives that align the human recourses agenda in support of key business and strategies and initiatives
· Partner with the HRBP team to deliver cohesive HR partner support to client groups, drawing on knowledge spanning HR disciplines and Visa HR processes to respond to inquiries and provide advice to managers and employees;
· Manage employee queries on HR topics that do not go to AskHR
· Anticipate potential problem areas within client groups and human resource practices and recommend solutions by listening to issues and raising awareness to appropriate level management
· Partner with and be the liaison with the Corporate HR teams including Growth & Development, Talent, Employee Engagement, Work Force Planning and Visa University to identify, customize and implement global initiatives for the NA Region & VCA employee base
· Partner in driving and supporting all I&D initiatives
· Compile, organize, help coordinate, and provide reporting for HR initiatives including Talent Review, Employee Engagement Survey, Annual Review, Calibrations, QBRs
· Manage reporting on follow up/compliance items such as mandatory training, goal setting status, completion of year end reviews
Specific to New York Site Lead:
· Manage NY Office employee base on employee relations issues, compensation, performance management programs, leadership development/training, career development and policy administration with collaboration with HR COEs
· Manage NY townhall and other site specific employee initiatives
· Manage day-to-day HR operation activities including approval and processing of employment actions (transfers, terms), performance improvement plan, onboarding and orientations etc.
· Partner with other HRBPs to deliver cohesive HR service to client groups spread geographically
· Draw on knowledge spanning HR disciplines and Visa HR processes to respond to inquiries and provide advice to managers and employees in New York
· Responsible for formal & informational training sessions for assigned business functions in New York.
Specific to VCA:
· Manage Global VCA monthly D&I dashboard and initiatives; coordinate and manage VCA specific D&I events in the US
· Help coordinate VCA specific HR events such as VCA onboarding training (vendor and logistics), VCA Global GLT talent agenda and topics (gather relevant data)
· Be the liaison with VU team to upload/track/manage/update VCA learning paths, track usage/attendance
· Track & manage Global VCA vacancies and liaise with TA partners to generate a global VCA view
· Be the liaison with the immigration team for all Data Science hires and transfers
· Build relationships with Director/Sr. Director leaders and manage day to day employee issues
· Manage and track people, culture and engagement initiatives across regions and functions in VCA
· Work with the regional HR teams to ensure Global VCA efforts are in sync
Specific to Canada:
· Assist in managing country-related HR issues and researching/answering country-specific question that arise on a regular basis
· Manage Canadian Wellness Consultant, ensuring programming is appropriate, reported on and well used by employees
· Liaise with the Canadian I&D Committee to ensure synergies with NA or Global I&D initiatives
· Liaise with Benefits team (USA = health benefits, payroll, retirement benefits) on all Canadian benefits issues and communication
· Work with TA partners on all Canadian offers to ensure compensation decisions align with current and local comparables; track, manage & report on Canadian vacancies
· Assist in the HR data reporting aspect for all Canadian Employer Award applications
· Ensure Canadian HR processes and reporting needs are always improving
- 6-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Well-developed data management skills, including Advanced Excel experience required
- 2-5 years experience managing data for HR and/or Business Leaders or working as an HR Business Partner
- Human Resources experience in at least two specialist disciplines
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer focused mindset and team player
- Proven leadership and problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated, proactive, and determined
- Creative as well as analytical
- Intellectual horsepower and a hunger for learning
- Comprehension of business fundamentals and HR competencies
- Global mindset; experience working in a global company
- Ability to manage through a great deal of ambiguity and complexity
- Sets high standards of client service and works closely to establish credibility with clients
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment where managing and prioritizing multiple initiatives is required, while also maintaining good relationships with co-workers and managers
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.