Senior Director/HRBP for North America
- Foster City, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Senior Director, HRBP and strategic talent partner to provide strategic HR support to the North America Financial Institution Sales teams and NA Business Operations team as well as execute on the HR/ People strategy for the North America Region and President’s Organization. This individual will collaborate with regional and functional leaders to help translate business objectives to human capital strategies, and plan and deliver consistent and effectively tailored HR programs and services to the business. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space, the employee-employer relationship space and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing necessary HR processes that enable employees and the organization to innovate grow and flourish. The individual will report to the SVP, HRBP for NA.
· Provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for talent planning and development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives
· Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry
· Understand and integrate business strategies in developing high impact human capital solutions
· Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business
· Consistently measure effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
· Help foster a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
· Provide daily support to managers with employee attraction, development, and retention issues that may include: Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Talent Reviews, Leadership Coaching & Development, Manager Capability, Career Pathing, other strategic projects
· Closely partners with HR Centers of Excellences and other HRBPs to deliver superior results to the business
· Orchestrate organization design activities to ensure the groups are set up for maximum efficiency and impact with consideration for market and talent needs
· Instill rigor and accountability for recognizing top performers, developing/action-ing on poor performers, identifying and developing high potential talent, and managing realistic succession plans
· 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or at least 5 years of work experience with a PhD
· Knowledge and experience of core areas such as talent management, leadership development, employee engagement, cultural change, organizational design, change management, etc.
· 12+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree
· 8+ years of speciifc experience with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
· Preference for experience in the Technology or Financial Services industries working in progressive HR models; consulting and/or multi-company experience is strongly preferred
· Lead enterprise-wide projects/initiatives with minimal supervision
· Experience and positive reputation for working effectively across all levels of an organization
· Successful implementation of operational and strategic programs and processes across dispersed groups
· Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions
· Possess strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building / Influencing: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgment skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized.
Strong Intellect: Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
Highly Ethical: Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders, and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
Values and Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa’s Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence). Demonstrates commitment to growing and developing internal talent.
Results Oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR’s impact and how HR is an integral part of the company’s business strategy.
Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first.
Self-starter: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.