Senior Director, Revenue, Client Services
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We have a unique opportunity that calls for an ambitious, highly analytical professional who will provide fact-based insights and sound recommendations required for the successful development and delivery of Client Services. You will have access and exposure to global Client Services senior leadership as well as our partners in Sales, Product and Finance. You will lead a variety of analysis, preparation, and presentation of insights that support the operations of the business, identify operational infrastructure and efficiency opportunities with a keen focus on commercializing services for our clients. The successful candidate will apply a diverse skillset and deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Develop insights that help prioritize and accelerate Visa's growth and strengthen stakeholder engagement by leading priority research initiatives.
- Perform quantitative analysis and modeling to develop practical and actionable solutions to address emerging customer needs, to identify issues, gaps, trends and growth opportunities for Visa aimed at delivering profitable and sustainable results
- Work on the strategy and implementation aspects of several key ideas that generate revenue for Visa. This includes creating business proposals with financial models and working alongside CS functional area owners and pricing teams to create the roadmap for change.
- Provide fact-based understanding of competitive landscape / market opportunities across the globe
- Inform integrated market plans and reporting in support of corporate revenue growth targets for the organization
- Develop an effective tracking mechanism that monitors operational performance, KPIs/KRAs, and progress towards targets and strategic objectives
- Collaborate with product, sales and other matrixed functions to facilitate the sharing of important and relevant business and client information that results in aligned decision making and superior execution to achieve business objectives
- Leadership of junior members of the team, direct report responsibilities
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD).
- Experience in management consulting, financial planning, business operations, or product development a plus.
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on building revenue and growth ideas
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and impactful way – turning research & hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights to a variety of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and achieving results, with an emphasis on “how” work is being accomplished.
- Self-motivated, creative, results oriented individual with the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and handle numerous projects concurrently
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build credibility as a "peer" with partners
- A team player and collaborator, able to work well with a diverse group of individuals in a matrixed environment, ranging from junior to executive level
- Strong commercial acumen
- Global or multi-national business experience
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.