Senior Data Science Manager - Strategic Analytics
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Data Science Senior Manager, Strategic Analytics, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Accountable for Data Science P&L, acceleration, collaboration and innovation goals
- Lead data science, analytics and insight to internal clients/ ‘Visa-as-a-client’ in order for functional business areas to achieve their customer and client business growth and revenue strategies
- Solve complex business problems by articulating a vision (technical and business) breaking down the business context and translating into formal solutions(operational excellence)
- Develop innovative solutions and build prototypes to business questions using statistical / machine learning / artificial intelligence algorithms
- Be an ambassador for the Data Science team and cultivate advocacy, champions and data skills across the business
How you will do
- Willing to risk rejection and failure. If you fail, you learn, and try again
- Not afraid of hard conversations and sharing your perspective
- Be a natural leader, but your team and colleagues see your humility
- Be a creative revolutionary. Forward thinking and proactive
- Need solid business acumen
- Listen and communicate well
- Embrace diversity in the workplace and strive to see diverse ideas and opinions
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Degree, MSc or PhD in quantitative/computational field and mid-level experience in leading cross functional data-driven team of data scientists/analysts
- Solid mathematical foundation on statistics, machine learning, deep learning models
- Fluency with data science tools
- SQL (ANSI/Hive), Python/R/Spark
- Experience of manipulating large data sets
- Descriptive and predictive modelling
- Design/build dashboards, reports and visualisations
- Good communication skill with technical/non-technical audiences
- Adaptability to being an individual contributor, supporting player, matrix management, or team management required
- Skills to build rapid prototypes (e.g. Ionic framework) and experience in managing and delivering data science at a consulting firm and/or delivering to executive stakeholders is a plus
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.