Senior Business Optimization Analyst – Insight Delivery
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Client Services (CS) organization, the Sr. Business Optimization Analyst will help to deliver this vision to our clients and will work exclusively on the Visa Direct product for North America based clients. In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks, acquirers and merchants.
This role derives analytic insights on client performance and helps to deliver findings from those analyses to external and internal stakeholders. Prior to completing an analysis, this role will formulate and source the necessary datasets from internal tools and platforms, rendering insights in compelling presentations and visualizations.
Specific activities may include:
- Create and present analytic deliverables to external Visa clients, colleagues in the analytics team, and other internal stakeholders with varying degrees of analytical and technical expertise
- Get to an understanding of root problems, define analytical objectives and formalize data requirements for various types of analyses.
- Combine and analyze disparate data sources and derive insights in a Big Data environment; independently perform analysis to render robust, thoughtful results
- Proactively facilitate the overall analytic delivery strategy for the organization
- Compare client performance against industry best practices with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and/or profitability improvement opportunity
- Develop presentations of complex data and content for clients in an accurate, understandable, and engaging manner
Role may be based in Denver, CO or Foster City, CA.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and/or SQL skills required
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in data analysis and/or insight delivery with a proven record of creating business value from data
- Experience visualizing data with tools like Tableau is a plus; advanced Tableau skills are highly desirable
- Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.