Business Development Manager, Merchant Solutions
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Japan is responsible for leading initiatives and supporting the team of merchant acquiring domain experts with the primary objective of deployment and execution of merchant/acquirer infrastructure solutions. This team is also the co-ordination point and single interface into the regional, and global merchant product teams. This individual will work closely with merchants, acquirers, and industry stakeholders to manage client implementation & integration of Visa/CYBS’s merchant/ acquirer solutions, with the support of regional and global MSA teams as well as cross function teams within Japan.
What a Manager, Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Japan does at Visa:
This individual will work closely with merchants, acquirers, and industry stakeholders to manage client implementation & integration of Visa/CYBS’s merchant/ acquirer solutions, with the support of regional and global MSA teams as well as cross function teams within Japan
Why this is important to Visa
This role will contribute to Visa Japan, regionally and globally to expand Visa’s merchant locations with global security and Visa’s new technology. Drive business together with key Merchants and key Acquirers
What you will need:
- 5-8 Experience of the deployment of acquirer/merchant solutions with proven expertise in completion of large complex payments projects.
- Account management and business relationship building
- Good written and oral communications skills, both in Japanese and English
- Strong negotiation skills and a solid track record in Sales/Business Development
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully for both internally and externally
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating
- Show openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information
- The ability to manage conflict and maintain positive relationships with clients at all times
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities and multi projects for different stakeholders on different timelines
- Analytical skills and comfortable with quantitative analysis, financial modelling, and finding ways to add quantitative rigor to qualitative analysis
- Keen to understand latest innovation and digital trends
Projects you will be a part of:
- Manage key JP merchants and acquirers as an account manager and support them for deployment of merchant/acquirer solutions and services based on JP deployment strategy with specific focus on (1) accelerating contactless deployment and merchant education, (2) ensuring the market is in compliance with Visa Rules and initiate any needs to accommodate the rules for JP market (3) deployment of other future proof Visa/CYBS products
- Project Management of key initiatives to drive team’s strategy
- Understand and analyze client demand, support the team to evaluate potential opportunities, designing solutions, as well as scoping the infrastructure to support a product launch (e.g., marketing and sales support materials, product training, go-to-market plans, sales enablement tools and other needed technical sales support)
- Collaborate with regional/global teams on account management tracking and reporting.
- Work closely with other function members, lead initiatives to address issues, come up with solutions, implement new product/solutions, or launch promotions/events.
- Support to engage with strategic JP intermediaries ( POS vendors, Domestic Networks, Payment Gateways, Merchant Aggregators and PSP’s ) with the goal of developing these relationships into enablers of Visa’s merchant product deployment strategy