Director, Accounting (m/f/d)
- Munich, Germany
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Responsible for the financial statement preparation both under US GAAP and Local GAAP including the preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, deferrals, intercompany reconciliation and balance sheet reconciliations for the German entity (GmbH – mid size entity) and 2 subsidiaries (PL, USA)
- Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies and procedures, US GAAP as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (VAT, EC Sales, Bundesbank, 1099, in the various countries of operation, audit for GmbH, etc.)
- Responsible for the technical aspects of Accounting, i.e. cost centers, project codes, re-charges, FX evaluations, VAT keys and implementation thereof
- Evaluate proper tax treatment, ensuring all necessary taxes are assessed and remitted (i.e. withholding tax, flat rate taxes, reverse charge, import tax) with support of tax advisor
- Assist in Treasury activities, i.e funding the operating bank accounts; accounts payable process when needed, etc.
- Drive standardization of accounting processes & recording of transactions in collaboration with Visa policies. Identify opportunities for process improvements to further streamline accounting tasks, increase efficiency and shorten month end close calendar
- Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Management and participate in special projects. Identify any potential financial related risk areas and provide sound recommendations and solutions to Visa for mitigation of the identified risk.
- Supervise 2 staff members
- First contact for auditors, tax advisors, external business partners, and Senior Management. Responsible of coordinating external audits
- 10 years of work experience in Accounting with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience in Accounting with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong educational background within Finance (BA or MA level) or qualified accountant
- Solid understanding of German GAAP (HGB), EU VAT law (triangular and chain transactions in particular). US GAAP a plus
- Experience of working as Finance Manager, Financial Controller, financial auditor, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Fluent in German and English (Polish is a plus)
- Experienced user/admin of Accounting Software, Diamant and/or Oracle are a plus
- Resilient, organized, uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Ability to quickly comprehend new processes, an analytical thinker
- Structured, independent and conscientious work ethic
- A team player
- 40 hours/week
Diversity & Inclusion:
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.