Senior Director - Legal, Risk, Compliance & Corporate Applications - Corporate IT
- Foster City, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Information Technology and is responsible for leading the Corporate Legal, Risk & Compliance IT organization. The ideal candidate will provide innovative leadership, motivation, and guidance required for excellent IT to successfully meet strategic objectives and deliverables in support of the business needs. It will be critical to foster and drive innovation and experimentation, delivering software solutions that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations, often helping shape business requirements in a manner that optimally leverages technology teams.
The candidate will be responsible for a cross-functional global team of senior engineers, solution architects, technical project managers and operations teams to define technology project architecture, technology strategy, and play a leadership role providing guidance to stakeholders. This individual will provide thought and people leadership to identify and execute the actions required for successful delivery of Visa’s strategic priorities. The individual must be a strong leader, able to engage and challenge senior audiences, identify and prioritize actions, and navigate a highly-matrixed, global environment.
- Developing and executing the technology strategies and roadmaps to meet business objectives with existing and/or emerging technologies in Legal, Risk & Compliance.
- Leading a growth organization by hiring, training and maintaining high-performing teams; creating a safe and diverse work environment; developing personal growth opportunities for all levels of the organization
- Partnering with the business on the technical strategy for next generation cloud solutions to support our business processes.
- Working closely with executive management to define priorities, direction and timelines
- Researching best practices and industry innovations and apply those across the business and technology landscape
- Overseeing preparations of business case and needs analysis as they arise for the portfolio of applications.
- Develop an integration strategy to ensure one cohesive user interface with one source for information that adheres to our Corporate integration strategy.
- Coordinating with functional and technical staff and lead system-related projects and initiatives such as, new system functionality and/or new technologies
- Responsibility for support and maintenance of our Corporate systems
- Proving leadership and oversight to large transformational programs across many functional teams including 3rd party vendors.
- Providing mentoring, coaching, career development and day to day management of work to a team of business analysts, process analysts, software engineers and support resources globally
- Keep executive management informed of progress and obstacles impeding the successful architecture, implementation of projects and other departmental activities through status reports, presentations, etc.
- Provide workforce plans, budget development, tracking and forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost objectives
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, Math, or related field
- Extensive corporate and packaged application knowledge in organizations > 5000 employees
- Experience planning, designing and implementing efficient business and system solutions for Legal, Risk, and Compliance business functions
- Experience deploying enterprise resource planning (ERP) level applications in global corporations
- 15+ years of technology leadership experience with increasing responsibility growing and leading high performance teams and directing the IT function with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management and adjust to changing priorities and requirements in a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to take ownership of complex, multi-faceted, open-ended problems and drive them to completion
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead global, multi-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and explain the technology strategy to diverse audiences; in particular, the ability to describe IT situations, alternatives and recommendations in readily understood non-technical language
- Ability to drive consensus across diverse, global technology and business partners will be key
- Sound judgment, high ethical standards and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- ITIL, Six Sigma or Agile development experience desired
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work <10% of the time
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours with occasional availability outside standard business hours to support global teams as needed.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms
Learn more about our Corporate IT organization at: vi.sa/Corp_IT_careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.