Compliance Analyst (Bank Partner Queries)
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Compliance Analyst (Bank Partners Queries) we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The purpose of the Group Compliance Function (GCF) is to assist senior management to effectively manage designated risks, and to support the business by being an expert trusted advisor, overseeing a robust, integrated and effective risk control framework.
The group risk control framework will include (but not necessarily be limited to):
- Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF/Sanctions)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Data Protection (DP)
And on the associated monitoring and reporting obligations; including but not limited to:
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Assess and respond to Compliance related transaction queries from our Network Partners and Beneficiary banks
- Ensure responses are sent in a timely manner in line with our internal SLAs and deadlines set by the Banks.
- Identify any reoccurring issues raised by the bank, and effectively resolve any problems resulting in the reduction of Bank requests.
- Engage with clients to understand customer activity following alerts or requests from bank partners Identify and internally escalate actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Understand automated transaction monitoring tools, applying rules to enhance their effectiveness
- Identify, investigate anomalous transaction patterns
- Identify, investigate, actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Assist the Senior Compliance Managers with analysis of current and future monitoring requirements as required
- The risk-assessment of proposed markets, products and counterparties (clients and partners)
- Collation, assessment and recording of counterparty due diligence
- Other compliance officers with monitoring reviews and audits
- Other compliance officers with detailed resolution work re compliance issues, queries and concerns raised both internally and externally as directed by the Nominated Officer By committing to learning relevant compliance legislation and regulation
- Ad-hoc compliance project work (e.g. Data Protection, Fraud)
- Develop an understanding of operations, payment processes and I.T (the Product)
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Specific qualifications are not detailed. All qualifications offered will be considered regarding their applicability (e.g. GCSE’s, ‘A’ levels, Vocational Qualifications etc.)
- Previous experience in financial/corporate sector payments, FX and/or compliance
- Understanding of IT systems, operational and/or product development payment processes, especially in e-Commerce environments for retail and/or corporate payments
- Courteous and friendly nature (team player)
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Recognises the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Motivated to learn and able to identify and utilise learning opportunities
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow a process driven task
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.