Vice President, Head of Digital, CEMEA Region
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
The Head of Digital will lead the creation, evolution and deployment of digital products and standards across CEMEA region. She/he will be involved in all major phases of new product strategy, ideation, GTM, and implementation. To accomplish this objective, the individual leading this group will be a close partner to Country Product Management, Global Product, Sales, Innovation, Regional Management, Marketing, and Customer Support. A key measure of success of the role would be across two dimensions covering the penetration of key products and revenue.
· Deploy and harden globally designed/built products into CEMEA and, when appropriate, transition to Customer Service for ongoing management. Staging global products for deployment & management (eg. Click to Pay, Developer platform Services, Transit Solution, 3DS2.0, Token, Visa Direct, and Seller Solutions etc.)
· Lead the client-facing digital product team tasked with product ownership and staging, product leadership, deployment, and integration services to rollout products like Visa Token Service, Secure Remote Commerce, Visa Direct, Seller Solutions etc.
· Design, implement and manage the processes and disciplines to build and stage new products, originated in the CEMEA markets and region hubs, working with Innovation and Design & Architecture teams to deliver to commercial scale
· Develop new regional tailored CX/Product/Capability across the range of payment and data movement experiences a Consumer or Business may engage in which caters to both the traditional payments as well as the new emerging fintech/GIG economy ecosystem primarily focused on new flows such as Push Payments
· Drive conversation to connect the dots on the evolution of the payments ecosystem in a very diverse region and ensure products are relevant, either built locally or adapted for local usage - new products and capabilities are built from scratch or created by bundling capabilities (either in house or from external providers) into unique Visa value propositions
· Champion the shift of the organization towards real world bundling, implementation and application of Visa and third party products and capabilities to solve client business problems
· Implement by working with Customer Service organization, Visa capabilities flawlessly through Visa owned assets primarily, but quickly divert to 3rd party capabilities if they offer better, faster client positive impact
· Prioritize product deployment and stage according to market and client need
· Support country product management with expertise, resource allocation, collaboration on strategy and solutions
· Execute strategy with leadership – Such functions include providing general commercialization guidance, prioritization, influencing merchant and issuers, providing oversight of product-related deals and contract terms, support brokering of deals and partnership, etc.
· Present Visa’s vision and be a thought leader with products and ecosystem partners, clients, executives, and press in support of the organizations communications process.
· Maintain a deep understanding Visa’s vision and products to effectively communicate for comprehension and sales impact
· Communicate/Drive Regional agenda to Global Product on roadmap based on deep understanding of industry pain points/issues. Conversely, share the product roadmap regionally based on deep understanding of upcoming capabilities evolving over time
Work closely with the other Regional product teams ensure a seamless presentation of Core, Data and Digital solutions to clients
· Unfailing passion and belief in the transformative power of technology in the world
· 15+ years of experience, including 8+ years of experience in product management, project management, and/or management consulting
· Demonstrated experience is managing and delivering against revenue goals.
· Experience of leading large teams from diverse backgrounds covering both traditional payments and emerging digital /new payment flows
· Demonstrated examples of strong project management skills and business acumen – ability to influence strategy while driving tactical program execution
· Possess significant functional knowledge, including software development, marketing, sales, legal, etc.
· Proven track record of high performance and recognized as a subject matter expert in business areas or products
· Experience in engaging senior stakeholders in the payments world across banks, governments, regulators, fintech and others.
· Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
· Excellent contract and negotiation skills
· Willingness to travel internationally. Role will include domestic and international travel for client calls (banks, fintech partners) merchants, conferences and others
· BS or BA in computer science, business development and/or information management is required with an MBA preferred
What will also help:
· Understanding of the evolution of the Payments Industry and exposure to Visa’s (and other card networks) business and organization strongly preferred
· Passion for the transformative power of technology for the good of the world including financial inclusion.
· Strong sponsor and promoter of diversity and experience in coaching/developing talent
· An impressive record of digital products/services delivered from idea through to commercialization
· Ability to connect the dots between product, design, technology, and strategy to solve complex problems
· Track record for a proven ability to attract, hire and train top talent