Staff Software Engineer - BI
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Develop BI applications to cater to diverse business needs
- Understand problem statements from business and come with design and solutions to address them effectively
- Take lead on resolving business critical defects on priority
- Co-ordinate with other teams such as ETL and UI teams to deploy the apps successfully in production
- Contribute to Innovation and come up new ideas to make the product more business friendly
- Handhold and guide junior team members in the team to achieve the results
- Work closely with US counterpart team to get all the work done smoothly
- 6+ years of experience in designing and developing BI solutions in reputed companies
- Hands on experience in different BI tools such as MicroStrategy and Tableau
- Experience in creating wide variety of Reports, Dashboards and Visualizations
- Good understanding of database concepts, data warehouse and ETL process
- Solid SQL and performance optimization skills
- Exposure to Big Data technologies like Hadoop and Hive
- Programming experience in Python, Java and shell scripting is preferred
- Experience working in Agile environment using Jira or Rally boards
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.