Manager, Visa Consulting and Analytics
- New York, NY, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Consulting Manager, will support the team on strategic consulting engagements. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting and /or payments experience.
Possible locations will include: Foster City (Bay area), Ashburn, VA and New York.
Typical projects may include:
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution optimize their product offering?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Make targeted recommendations to Visa’s clients, including prioritization and roadmap, based on data-driven analysis
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
The VCA team is looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practice:
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Previous strategy consulting experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- intellectual curiosity to understand the root cause of issues and how to drive value for clients
- Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet and presentation tools
- An interest in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology, digital, FinTech
*THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP/IMMIGRATION ASSISTANCE
Location: Ashburn, VA and/or New York.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel at least 25% of the time
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
EEOC: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.