Director, Client Consulting - Australia New Zealand & Sth Pacific
- Melbourne, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operations, and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The VCA team within Australia provides a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients in Australia and New Zealand, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management and digital strategy.
We are currently looking for a Director to lead consulting engagements for our clients in Australia and New Zealand, enabling portfolio growth and improved profitability across their payment businesses.
Typically 2-4 months in duration and running in parallel, potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, product design and launch, development of industry landscape evaluations to inform payments strategies, and optimisation of client customer experience and supporting processes.
The Director will be responsible for leading client engagements. Typically, this will involve the Director interacting with the client team and internal staff, gathering and managing project inputs, analysing data to form conclusions and recommendations, developing and presenting compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations. At times, the Director will support business development activities by writing proposals and scoping new projects. The full range of responsibilities are detailed below:
On a project-by-project basis:
- Prepare client project proposals, clarifying objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, dependencies, roles and responsibilities; draw input from clients, local client relationship managers and functional teams
- Oversee project setup including contracting documentation, stakeholder engagement, interview guides and client data requirements
- Develop a fact base by undertaking client interviews, collecting and analysing inputs such as client data, process flows, policies, competitive, industry and environmental information
- Analyse Visa and client data to conduct benchmarking, identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with data science team members to leverage advanced data analytics capabilities
- Manage execution of one or more project engagements, building client relationships, utilising governance frameworks and mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge
- Identify solutions and recommendations that address client objectives and result in performance improvement; leverage relevant VCA methodologies, frameworks and global best practices
- Design and deliver compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements and more broadly; at times support implementation at the client onsite
- Identify and surface opportunities for client projects and submit for inclusion into account plans
- Create, develop and maintain models, contribute to IP creation and standardised VCA offerings
- Continuously build knowledge, surface new insights and produce thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development and global best practice
Having already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be familiar with the payments industry and keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end and relishing the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Specific skills and experience you will bring are:
- Deep experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Deep experience in managing complex projects
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong team orientation with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigour in reports and data analysis
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
In addition, you will ideally bring the following:
- Experience in payments or retail banking industry
- Experience in customer experience design (using human centred design / design thinking)
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modelling, scoring schemes, etc.