Client Consulting Manager
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The VCA Australia, NZ and South Pacific team sits within the VCA Asia Pacific consulting practice, applying deep expertise in the payments industry to assist clients with their key priorities, drive business growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of advisory consulting services and advanced solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as marketing, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and risk.
VCA is involved in the most strategic issues facing our clients in the region. The Manager role is a new role and reflects the increasing demand for VCA services by our clients. Based in Melbourne, the manager will report to the VCA Director and support projects across these markets.
The Manager, Visa Consulting & Analytics will work on consulting engagements for Visa clients in Visa’s Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific region, enabling portfolio growth and improved profitability in clients’ payment card businesses.
Typically 2-4 months in duration and running in parallel, potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, product design and launch, development of industry landscape evaluations and best practices, and optimisation of client customer experience and supporting processes.
Working with the VCA Director, the Manager will be responsible for significant components of client engagements, and in some cases end to end delivery of client engagements. Typically, this will involve the Manager interacting with the client team, gathering and managing project inputs, analysing data to form conclusions and recommendations, developing and presenting compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations. The full range of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Prepare client proposals and project plans, identifying dependencies, roles and responsibilities, scope and deliverables
- Ensure project engagements remain on track, utilising governance frameworks and mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge during engagements
- Prepare project materials including interview guides, data requirements, concepts, frameworks
- Undertake client interviewing, collecting and analysing inputs such as client information, data, processes, policies, competitive and environmental information
- Conduct industry research, drawing on Visa and partner resources as well as colleagues to identify global best practices and distil insights relevant to the client problem at hand
- Create, develop and maintain models, contribute to IP creation and standardised VCA offerings
- Continuously build knowledge, surfacing new insights and producing thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development
- Identify solutions and recommendations that address client objectives and result in performance improvement
- Create compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements and more broadly
- Recommend approaches to clients, providing guidance and at times physically supporting implementation at the client site
- Collaborate with local client relationship managers /other functional teams to gain insights and support client engagement and execution
The Ideal Candidate
Having already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry and keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end and eager to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Specific skills and experience you will bring are:
- The equivalent of 6-10 years relevant experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigour
- Strong team orientation, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, able to work effectively in a matrixed organisation
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigour in reports and data analysis
In addition, you will ideally bring the following:
- Some experience in payments or digital marketing
- Exposure to customer experience design (using human centred design / design thinking)
- Strong undergraduate academic accomplishment
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%)