Director of Consumer Insights
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Business and Economic Insights (VBEI) delivers actionable intelligence into the evolving global economy for Visa and Visa’s clients. The group harnesses its expertise, multiple data sources and deep client relationships to provide cutting-edge insights into consumer spending and the payments industry to better inform business planning and management decisions. VBEI’s mandate and business scope are growing and we are looking for talented individuals to help us to build our team.
The Director of Consumer Insights will play an integral role in expanding the market insights portion of Visa Business and Economic Insights (VBEI), working with our team of economists to add a layer of consumer research and analysis to our economic output and forecasts.
- Develop in-depth, primary consumer research aimed at providing effective business intelligence to VBEI's internal and external clients.
- The position entails utilization of large databases, Visa and otherwise, to formulate knowledge on the evolution of consumer behavior and interaction with payments find financial services industry players.
- The position will focus initially on behind the scenes generation of business intelligence into coherent storylines, with the expansion of the position to client interaction.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong Market Research background: successful candidates will have experience in developing and applying consumer market research in business environments, understanding how to formulate studies, gather data, and convert raw data into coherent stories and tangible intelligence for Visa clients.
- The candidate will have the ability to manipulate and extract viable data, understanding holistically and differently how findings impact may Visa and its clients' profitability and growth opportunities.
- Quantitative research background, with the ability to layer multiple datasets to form coherent stories.
- Knowledge of and passion for payments and financial services is a must
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5-7 years of related industry experience preferred.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.