Project Manager (IT Infrastructure / Banking)
- Shanghai, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Project Manager role is responsible for overseeing the development and buildout of Visa’s China domestic payment processing system, including the interface with processing partner's core processing system, to meet the governing regulatory requirements and regulations for BCCIs.
This is a highly visible position that interacts with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including management at varying levels, developers, architects, business leaders and the like; and is a critical interface with other organizations with in Visa.
A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology product and project management, cross-functional team leadership, PMO leadership, as well as exceptional business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, project/program management, processes, and change management skills. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker, but encourages and enables others to get things done. The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to assess requirements, define scope, create estimates, and produce Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
- Perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to technology and business stakeholders regularly
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, Visa senior management, technology vendors, and financial institutions and strategic partners, as needed.
- Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved bids and project costs are effectively controlled
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
- Keep project status updated in project management tools and maintain meticulous records (e.g., project financials, schedule, issues, risks, change control decisions)
- Provide support to PMO management for integrated planning activities, project portfolio reporting and coordination
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
- Heavy collaboration across business and technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within an Agile framework
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Provide guidance to technology groups in their development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan and facilitate User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5 years+ Experience in directly relevant program/project management roles in technology portfolio and program management, business analysis, planning and operations, and/or related functions.
- Experience at a large, leading technology, payments, and/or financial services company is highly preferred.
- Experience as a scrum master leading teams in agile software development.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to plan, execute and deliver projects on time and demonstrate the ability to succinctly communicate any project issues, risks to an executive audience.
- Strong process orientation and demonstrated ability to define and document new or improved portfolio and program management processes, templates and tools, and create a wide variety of reporting mechanisms for leadership, stakeholders, and team members.
- Experience in DevOps highly preferable
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels. An ability to influence without direct authority, as well as demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company
- High level of attention to detail, including the ability to assess, and synthesize large amounts of content and data related to program status, issues, risks, dependencies, and schedules and distill it in crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of process improvement programs and processes, and experience driving them successfully within technology organizations highly preferred.
* Physical Requirements
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.