Sr. Software Engineer - Test Engineering (REF29010Z)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join the Treasury Test Engineering team, a part of the Network Processing team. The candidate for this position will be responsible for testing system infrastructure solutions for business critical high visibility projects. This position will be based in Austin, Texas. This position is ideal for an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about testing complex and challenging business problems and testing applications that provide an excellent user experience. Experience in automated testing, CI/CD, and full stack software design and development is a plus. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including analyzing business requirements and design documents, development of Test Plans, Test Design and Test cases, design walk-throughs, testing, building and maintaining automated test solutions for multiple applications on a variety of technology stacks, and coordinating with other application teams for integration/interface testing.
- Work with other Software Engineers and Test Engineers to design, document and execute manual and automated testing on a variety of tech stacks
- Participate in the Software Development Lifecycle from a Test Engineering perspective, both Agile/Scrum and Waterfall
- Learn new technologies as needed, and over time become a subject matter expert on the applications we support
- Track defects and collaborate with the technical teams and the Global Treasury business team to design, implement, test and maintain business critical applications
- Create and maintain testing artifacts
- Ensure all tasks conform to established process and standards
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, Cucumber, JUnit, or NUnit
- Experience building and testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Passion for high quality software design and engineering
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization
- Familiarity with relational database design and implementation
- Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control and CI/CD technologies
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.