Undergrad Intern - Global Brand, Sponsorship, and Innovation Marketing
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Global Brand and Global Sponsorship Marketing teams are responsible for developing integrated marketing and communications approaches that build on Visa’s rich heritage of innovation, leverage the company’s unique portfolio of assets (such as the Olympics and FIFA World Cup), and position Visa as the payments technology leader of the future.
We are looking for highly motivated interns to join our organization and develop skills across multiple focus areas through our unique rotational program. The rotational structure allows interns to gain invaluable experience across multiple marketing areas and network with a variety of leaders within the Visa organization. Below are examples of the diverse set of projects that interns have led in the past:
- Execute the innovative payment experience and point of sale presence at the Olympic Games in Tokyo
- Identify key industries and companies to develop connected car payments capability and conduct thorough analysis of the smart speaker market
- Conduct deep dive analysis into Visa Olympic Athlete strategy and how to best amplify the program
- Develop a cohesive, global narrative on growing affluent target consumer and the benefits that will be communicated across Visa channels
- Shepherd annual marketing strategic initiative process and provide guidance to teams in developing their program narratives
- Assist in developing the FY21 Annual Operation Plan for the Global Brand, Sponsorship & Innovation marketing team
- Collaborate across key global marketing initiatives, including global sponsorship activations and consumer product programs. This role is highly cross-functional with partnerships including Product, Regional Marketing, Communications, Sales, Finance, and other teams.
- Help support the Strategy & Planning operations across Global Brand, Sponsorship and Innovation Marketing. This includes financial reporting, budget management, goal setting, annual planning, and facilitating regular team communications, including all hands meetings.
- Help support the evolution of Visa’s brand for the future across an increasing array of B2C and B2B audiences. This includes managing a complex implementation plan and signature global campaign framework.
- Work as an assistant project manager to bring integrated campaigns to market, highlighting Visa’s capabilities across our portfolio of sponsorship activations.
- Participate in marketing “test & learn” pilots as we find new ways to demonstrate Visa’s innovation to millennials through partnerships and experiences.
- Partner with regional marketing teams to advance key initiatives, serving as a global hub to facilitate communications across teams, share best practices, and advance key global initiatives.
Students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics or a related field and graduating by June 2022
Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
3.0 GPA (out of 4.0 scale, or the equivalent)
- Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; you’re comfortable managing spreadsheets, devising formulas, and performing data analysis, while also building Executive presentations
- Shows a range of diverse experiences in undergrad, with particular emphasis on leadership positions within extracurricular activities to international exposure (via coursework or travel abroad)
- Highly driven and resourceful as demonstrated through volunteer, athletics, music, arts or other areas of collegiate life
- Strong ability to collaborate with others, innovative and curious – always looking to do things better
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as written and oral skills
- You are highly organized and have stellar project management skills and attention to detail
- You have a proven ability to thrive in high pressure situations and a fast paced and matrixed environment
- You are comfortable juggling multiple projects while quick to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong executive presence – you’re able to modulate your style and tone to the audience
- Cover letter
- Work sample – please provide a sample of your individual work, whether from a prior employer or school assignment. Our goal is to gain an understanding of your work style (written or presentation)
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel less than 10%
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.