Vice President, Head of Money Movement, Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Money Movement team is responsible for the commercialisation of a suite of solutions such as Visa Direct, Real Time Payments and cross border payments through Visa Payments Limited. These are all payment services that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to accounts around the world using push payment technology. Money Movement consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), cross border remittance and funds disbursements (e.g., marketplace seller payouts, insurance claim disbursements, acquirer merchant settlement).
What does the Head of Money Movement Asia Pacific do at Visa?
This role will be responsible for building and delivering the Asia Pacific move money operating plan, as well as setting the vision and direction of the overall “money movement” theme for AP, including Real Time Payments, forming the strategy for new payment flows in the region. This will matrix report into the Global Head of Money Movement and the Regional Head of Digital Solutions, and will require significant influencing skills and interactions with internal and external executives, development and implementation of strategic plans and objectives in alignment with the corporate and regional strategy, and a decision-making that directly impacts the move money strategy and financial results.
Why this is important to Visa
The Money Movement team has opened up numerous new payment flows for Visa that will unlock $1B in new revenue over the next 5 years. Currently, the push payments market globally is estimated to be an $80T of payment volume, replacing cash, checks, and ACH to move money in real-time. The money movement business represents a significant growth opportunity for the company.
Projects you will be a part of:
Your responsibilities will include building and running the money movement business model, including:
- Regional Annual Operating Plan – Build annual operating plan, including identifying key initiatives, coordinating fees, payment volume and revenue forecasting, coordinated thru regional operating team
- Strategy and New Use Cases – Lead development of key strategic questions for AP money movement, e.g., building acceptance and transaction volumes across Asia Pacific, expansion of new use cases, acceleration of push payments across new payment rails and in-bound and out-bound cross-border payments.
- Performance Management – Develop and lead regular performance management cadence including business reviews, internal communication and governance process
- Issuer Enablement – Ensure strong Issuer fast funds coverage and approval rates; work with VD Operations and Risk team to identify issues and execute plans
- Acquirer and Processor Enablement – Working with regional and global acquirer sales/account executives to identify and enable critical enablers to support real time payments and push payments volume forecasts
- Merchant Uptake – Working with regional and global sales/account executives to identify and enable use cases with targeted scale merchants to support push payments volume forecasts
- Policy & Compliance - Evaluate applicable Visa Direct rules to use cases and client solution constructs. Collaborate with the Global VD Policy and Rules team on changes to existing policies or the creation of new ones. Support resolution of compliance issues in partnership with Compliance & Client Services teams.
- Client implementation and support model – Refine client implementation and account management support model to ensure scalability and excellence; work with VD Operations and Risk and Client Services support teams to refine and execute
- Pricing and incentive framework – Implement and maintain regional pricing framework to support deal management process for regional sales efforts… Efforts should work within global pricing strategy/policy, pricing operations, while taking into account the regional competitive environment
- Partnership model – identify and build operating partnerships with key points of payment aggregation in the Asia Pacific value chain
- Global Money Movement Operating Committee – Work with partner Visa Direct and real time payments teams including global strategy, pricing, platform and operations to best execute in Asia Pacific, and support the growth of Visa Direct and real time payments globally
What you will need:
- 15 - 20+ years’ experience in either banking / financial services sector or Technology / FINTECH sector developing and launching new transactional banking services, e-payment services AND / OR other digital products / services within the Asia Pacific region
- Experience in wholesale payments developing cross border payment flows, treasury services and or other P2P, B2C and B2B flows within Asia Pacific region
- Understanding of trends and themes in payments and commerce and a futurist outlook and passion for technology innovation.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on serving clients
- World-class client-facing and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and management skills
- Degree qualified in business and/or technology.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate with evidence of tangible business results
- Ability to interact with and influence key senior stakeholders and decision makers across the Visa AP region
- Ability to inspire direct & indirect reports, where applicable, and influence those without direct management responsibility
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, data collection, buy-in and strong decision making abilities to elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Proven project development experience
- Strong sense of urgency and experience driving to successful commercialization
- Ensure personal efforts are integrated and aligned with functional objectives
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information