Director, Digital Partnerships
- Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures Team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships and investments with industry leading digital brands and platform providers and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region. Digital Partnerships is responsible for growing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs.
The Director - Digital Partnerships will support key Digital Partnerships within the group. The role requires an experienced sales Director capable of identifying and closing commercial partnerships with large digital and emerging Fintech companies in China as well as executing key account management and growth initiatives. Success requires working closely with a multitude of cross-functional Visa teams who help contribute to the growth of the partnership and the distribution of Visa’s products and capabilities. This includes closely aligning with the Regional Digital Partnerships and Fintech FastTrack team, Visa’s Core & Digital Product teams, Country Management and Business Development teams as well as other internal stakeholders such as Processing, Pricing, Legal, Risk and Marketing to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense to map the market landscape, identifying partnerships opportunities as well as creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa’s Digital Partners and emerging Fintech partners.
Market Mapping & Analysis:
· Research industry trends and emerging themes in technology and payments that will shape the future of Visa’s business and support the development of a ‘point-of-view’ to inform stakeholders
· Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
· Perform other analytical tasks on an as-needed basis
Program and Partner Management:
· Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
· Support the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
· Support the regional Digital Partnerships team in developing the team’s strategy, and business development approach for the Chinese Market
· Continuously review market landscape, identifying developing partnership that will position the Digital Partnerships & Prepaid team as best-in-class
· Work with senior team members and cross functional teams to support partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
· Support the evaluation of potential partnership opportunities for their strategic and financial value and providing business rationale and analytics in support of the opportunities
· Supporting engagements including commercial deals, alliances and opportunities from
inception to active discussions to execution
· Report to and interact with senior team to indicate the status of the partnership progress
· Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
· Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
In anticipation of Visa’s expected opportunity in the domestic payments market in China, as well as ongoing activities elsewhere in the region, the Director, Digital Partnerships, China will be responsible for identifying and implementing complex partnership opportunities as well as driving digital and e-commerce business development activities within the region. The role is to build strategic partnerships, alliances and other business development relationships with the most innovative, technology driven e-commerce, consumer and distribution networks in the domestic Chinese market such as Alibaba, Baidu, Tencent, JD.com, Meituan, Huawei and Ctrip. In conjunction with the Fintech Fastrack team, the candidate is also to develop scalable business development capabilities for the on-boarding and scaling of emerging FinTech companies in China. Key internal collaboration counterparties include: Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, Cybersource, Risk, Finance, Legal and Marketing to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
· A minimum of 7 years business experience within Visa or Payments related industry
· The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business knowledge and financial skills
· Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and ability to guide the relevant stakeholders
· Willingness to learn and ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple
disciplines and organizational groups
· Team oriented, Ethical, empathetic, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
· Bachelor’s degree required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.