Business Development Leader - Digital Acceptance, Taiwan
- Taipei, Taiwan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position will be responsible for managing and growing Visa’s CyberSource businesses in Taiwan.
You will work closely with other cross-functional Visa teams in Taiwan, across rest of Asia Pacific and Visa globally. Success will be measured by revenues and volume growth rate targets for the local market, as well as other key metrics or initiatives as agreed. You will have the accountability for the local strategy, planning, forecasting and execution against the agreed goals.
2. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
• Lead Visa’s Digital Acceptance capability (CyberSource service and others) to grow revenue from the local acquirers, large merchants and other processors, Fintechs and System Integrator partners in the market.
• Develop strong sales pipeline and deliver revenue growth of online payment, fraud management solutions and ancillary products with acquirers and support in achieving the same for acquirer merchant portfolios
• Demonstrate a strong command and leadership of the CyberSource ecommerce service suite with the ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell and maximize revenue in each client portfolio
• Collaborate with internal team members and account executives to uncover new growth opportunities and realize success implementations with clients
• Demonstrate deep financial and strategic insights and a clear understanding of client’s acquiring, merchant and e-commerce strategies, utilising your industry knowledge and market insight and product expertise to build and deliver against our client’s long-term strategies
• Manage and provide timely updates on both Pipeline and Forecasts for all client opportunities, risks, product lines and services.
• Ensure accurate data is available and sales activity is recorded and role models sales practices for other team members.
• Lead client negotiations on pricing and commercial terms and adhere to all internal policy and procedures when structuring deals
• Build and maintain relationships with regional counterparts to drive a collaboration culture in which best practice is shared and work with global colleagues on joint projects and global merchant relations where required
• Results focused, must have sales and business development experience in a solution based environment
• Disciplined to setup the right depth of engagement and cadence with your accounts to deliver a strong focus on driving customer growth outcomes
• You will have extensive payments industry knowledge and key trends in Digital payments, technology along with a contemporary understanding of local regulations
• Curiosity, analytical, objectivity, drive, enthusiasm, leadership, and creativity are key attributes
• Strategically driven leader with hands-on mentality. High integrity and honesty are non-negotiables.
• Graduate caliber
• Outstanding communication skills – Mandarin (fluent/native) and English (oral and written). Fluency in other regional language(s) preferable
• Ability to work with client and team members from diverse backgrounds and culture.
• Experienced in using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce, to ensure new business activities are visible to a broad range of stakeholders
• E-Commerce platform and/or Online Fraud subject matter expert
• Deep knowledge of card payment systems, value chain, economics and payment gateway services
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience working in the FinTech & technology or payments industry focusing on an e-commerce technology service delivery
• Experience of cross-functional collaboration/deployment between technical service delivery, support, product & commercial teams in a matrixed, multinational environment
• Deeply entrenched in the acquirer or merchant community with a wide and current professional relationship network
• Innovation driven: stay current and curious with the latest payments trends, champion bold ideas and new ways of doing things, ask challenging and stretching questions of yourself, your manager and your peers;
• Open communication: actively promote environment of inclusion and diversity of thought, proactively limit or mitigate unconscious biases, deliver honest and direct communication at all times
• Solution focused: use your knowledge, experience and commercial acumen to understand customer’s pain points; learn from Visa’s best practices globally; be unafraid to make timely decisions in ambiguous, high-pressure situations; be quick to adapt / recover and reset priorities in changing circumstances.
The function that this individual performs is key to delivering on Visa’s “Expand Access” strategic pillar. It forms a part of Visa’s Acceptance development, merchant relations, interchange management and industry stakeholder management team. Failure to deliver on those commitments can have a visible and pronounced impact on Visa’s revenues, reputation and brand image, and in some cases, can expose the company to financial liability. Hard work, high integrity and honesty are non-negotiables.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.