EMEA Payroll Specialist
- Warsaw, Poland
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
We are often recruiting for Payroll Specialists to build our existing team. If you think you could support Visa in this role we want to hear from you! Our team will be in touch with you to initially explore your skills and experience before a live position becomes available. This way, we have already started to consider you, and have assessed your suitability, prior to the recruitment process initiating!
What’s it all about?
Running EMEA payrolls in a fast and growing market, the role requires the ability to work with the growth and maintain accuracy throughout. Payroll Specialists manage the day to day running of the payroll overseen by a Payroll Manager and Team Lead. Working at Visa you can get exposure to payroll in up to 40 countries as well as exciting project work to increase knowledge and development.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Owning the end to end payroll process for multiple UK and EMEA entities (monthly paid)
- Responsible for collating and transmitting input, reviewing output and providing primary approval of the UK and EMEA payrolls working with the outsourced payroll vendor.
- To ensure that Net Pay is paid successfully on a monthly basis as well as making sure that all payments and reporting to Tax / Social Security authorities, Pensions etc are completed accurately and on time.
- Liaising with counterparts such as Finance, to resolve accounting issues, Reward Team for new benefits, Internal Tax Team & the Global Payroll Manager to remain aligned with internal best practices.
- To answer all employee queries within agreed SLA’s.
- To assist with any internal / external payroll audit tasks.
- To support the wider Payroll team to cover for vacations and other absences.
- To report annual RSU awards via payroll and reconcile to source documents supplied by the Equity Team.
- To work with internal stakeholders, such as Onboarding, HR IT & HR Ops to streamline processes & improve efficiency.
- To liaise with tax authorities, pension and benefit providers plus other third parties as required.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
What we’re after…
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines - with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- High level of customer focus
- Pro-active nature to solve issues and suggest process improvements that could also benefit the wider team.
- Good understanding of payroll processes and procedures, along with experience of producing and maintaining SOP documentation.
- Experience of processing UK and European payrolls
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of working with an outsourced payroll vendor.
- Intermediate Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot tables)
- Additional language would be an advantage
- Experience of working on payroll related projects.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.