Analyst, Sales Engineering
- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa DPS processing team is seeking a Technical Sales Engineering Analyst with proven technical acumen in an Issuer Processing environment. A successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as possessing an exemplary record of client facing interactions. The Technical Sales Engineering Analyst must possess and maintain a high level of knowledge of the DPS processing systems and value added products and services, as well as understand the necessary positioning, data and analytics requirements to support net new DPS wins and client retention. In this role, collaboration is key, and the successful candidate will represent Sales Engineering on multiple cross functional teams including internal product steering committees.
- Support the RFP and sales process through managing and updating content within internal tools.
- Manage the incoming RFP request queue and delivery of professional RFP responses.
- Maintain knowledge across all of the DPS Issuer Processing platform and Value Added Services, with a focus on API products.
- Work across product teams to ensure sales teams are well educated and up-to-date on DPS products and services.
- Participate in client ideation and white boarding sessions, including comprehensive documentation.
- Make recommendations and create materials and tools for current sales environment based on market research and evolving trends.
- Support the cross sales effort to increase Visa processing volume and expand penetration of Visa DPS products and solutions by building customized sales plans.
- Support the net new sales team throughout the sales cycle including collaborative client presentations (on-site and virtually).
- Collaborate with third party providers to further understand DPS opportunities, roadmap development and integration with mutual clients.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with clients and within Visa.
- Support various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
Unique Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Operational and IT payment processing environments.
- Knowledge of the processing environment, key players and market positions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships across all levels of management.
- Keen interest in innovation and technology.
- Exceptional ability to manage & foster internal and external resources and cross-functional relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operating in an environment synonymous with change.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD).
- Payment industry experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn and execute effective sales strategies for new payment products and services.
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Proven track record of successful sales and/or relationship management.
- Experience with FI relationships, analysis, finance, and reporting.
- Ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships.
- Ability to communicate and manage relationships with all levels of the client's organization.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement.
- Ability to travel as needed to ensure adequate on-site interaction with the client.
- Exceptional customer service and advocacy experience and mindset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Work Location: This position and its incumbent can be hired in Denver, CO, or work remotely.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEOC: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.