Sr Software Engineer, Open VisaNet
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of un-banked and undeserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for Software Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects.
- Design, implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed business components using functional programming paradigm.
- Work with Product Owner to determine functional requirements and business flow and translate into low level designs.
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Product, Development, Operation & Infrastructure to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues.
- Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in release testing and production environment.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems.
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned.
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like GoLang (preferred), Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Previous experience to work with Product Owner to determine functional requirements and business flow and translate into low level designs.
- Exposure to Java based general purpose programming language and language development frameworks along with code optimization techniques are a huge plus.
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10 % of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office set10ting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law